Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours , we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom. About you
About the programme
- To be eligible for our Strategy & Ventures internship, you'll need be in your penultimate year of university and be on track to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- We're looking for analytical thinkers who " can " overcome a range of challenges, and demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal " skills
- You'll also show us real initiative and resourcefulness when it comes to your work, with a meticulous approach to problem solving and attention to detail
I f you're interested in environmental, social and governance issues and like the sound of developing digital propositions that help tackle economic issues and trends t hen our Strategy and Ventures Internship Programme could be right for you.
This is your chance to develop and scale out our digital propositions, support us in becoming more sustainable and join us on our journey in tackling the climate crisis. Help us build a purposeful and innovative bank while gaining insight into how we set and drive our strategy.
Over the course of t his eight - week summer internship , we'll give you a taste of what it's like to work with us, along with valuable experience to help guide your career choices.
We'll reward you with a starting " salary " of £ 22,600 pro-rata.
For eight weeks, you can expect to:
- Learn about our"culture,"values and goals and build an understanding of the products and services we provide
- Attend training workshops, get involved with our day to day work, and take part in a business improvement project
- Develop your team working, planning, creative thinking and problem solving skills
- See first-hand how we work together to deliver"an"outstanding service for our customers
- Experience what it's like to work in a purpose led organisation that puts the customer at the heart of decision making
- Gain exposure to a breadth of Strategy and Ventures business areas
- Gain insight into our response to the climate crisis, building a purposeful and sustainable bank
- Gain insight into the setting and driving of our strategic agenda, making sure we are a relevant and modern bank
At the end of the placement, we'll assess you on what you've learned. Complete this successfully and you could be offered a place on our 2024 " Strategy and Ventures Graduate Programme, where you can carry the skills you've learnt forward and take the next step in your career. " About the business area
Strategy & Ventures at the heart of driving our strategic agenda - to build a purposeful, relationship bank for a digital world. E ach of our teams work together to shape our future and make sure we build a sustainable, innovative and purposeful bank.
We're made up of teams across Strategy, Economics, Sustainable Banking, Climate, Corporate Development, and our neobank Mettle.
Applications for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens, we'll close the programme to new applications. It's important to take the time to make sure you're making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Intern programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don't miss out.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.