Strategy and Operations Associate
- London, England, Großbritannien London England GB
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Gerson Lehrman Group
- 15 Aug 18 2018-08-15
We are seeking candidates for a Strategy and Operations Associate position on the EMEA team in London. The overall purpose of the role is to work with the GLG EMEA senior management team to set the strategic priorities for the region, support decision making, and implement key initiatives.
The role will offer exposure to a broad range of strategic and operational topics including service operations, regional product market fit, market resource allocation, and regional market analysis.
The role will also provide regular exposure to the full GLG regional management team and broader organization.
The role will report to the Head of EMEA Research (a former Strategy Consultant and former leader in GLG’s Strategy team) who will provide a close mentoring environment to rapidly accelerate development.
At the same time, this role will enjoy a great deal of autonomy to own and drive forwards projects, and as the role progresses to own delivery of larger projects and implementations
Specific responsibilities include:
This role will offer a broad exposure to strategy development and implementation in a highly entrepreneurial environment. Day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Structuring of key business issues: Work with the internal teams and GLG leadership to develop the hypothesis and analytical frameworks to drive decision making;
- Analytics: Identify and analyze key data sources to put a fact base behind the frameworks and develop readily intelligible output to support decision making;
- Interviews and syndication: Engage with team members, experts and clients;
- Presentation: Develop and deliver written and verbal communications to inform and align with key decision makers;
- Implementation: Work with client service, sales, client and operation teams to implement strategic recommendations
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Undergraduate degree from a tier 1 university
- 1-3 years of experience within a tier 1 management consultancy (e.g. McKinsey, Bain, BCG); additional work experience desirable
- Top quartile performance within peer group throughout education and career
- Broad strategic thinker able to pick up and engage on a broad range of business topics
- Strong drive to 'crack the problem' with a deep intellectual curiosity and integrity, combined with a practical sense of how to cut to the core issues and analysis
- Results driven and action oriented approach
- Strong ability to influence and work within the organization
- Solid grip on strategic and financial fundamentals
- Experience of conducting high quality analysis
- Good facility with Excel and Powerpoint
- Comfort with ambiguity
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity. To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.