Exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, self-starting Linux Senior Systems Engineer to join a global financial services organisations, joining an engineering team who are responsible for the design, development, support of low latency trading applications. This opportunity will allow an expert Linux and Systems Engineer to research and experiment with current & next-generation technology such as processors (Intel, AMD, IBM Power, ARM) high-performance computing, hardware acceleration or other low-latency stacks.
The successful Linux engineer will collaborate with the development and infrastructure team helping to develop and review architecture and performance analysis.
- Design, prototype & build low-latency trading components and integrate with existing trading platforms
- Research, design, prototype and test new libraries, new technology (hardware and software) stacks, vendor solutions, etc. in a dedicated R&D Lab
- Actively engage with application development teams in reviewing the architecture, application instrumentation & profiling, performance tuning recommendations, offering reference implementations where applicable.
- Actively collaborate with application and infrastructure groups as required by the role
- Promotion and evangelization of DevOps best practices (CI, CD, automated testing, branching strategy, decoupling, etc.)
- Delivery other Linux automation projects outside of the Low latency project space.
Professional / Technical Skills:
- In-depth knowledge in Linux OS with at least three years’ experience in low-latency Linux/UNIX
- Experience in low-latency and high-performance computing (preferably in financial services)
- Experience with kernel-bypass network technologies such as Solarflare (Open-onload, TCPDirect, ef_vi) Mellanox (VMA, RDMA verbs) and DPDK
- Experience with low-overhead instrumentation, benchmarking, profiling and performance tuning of applications, Linux kernel using tools such as Intel Parallel studio toolset or other
- Must be passionate about technology and should stay abreast of the latest industry practices and technological innovations
- Knowledge and desire to work in a dev ops environment.
- Systems engineering, integration and automation of mission-critical platforms
- Experience with large scale data centre deployments
- Advanced knowledge/experience of Linux (RHE / CentOS 6x and 7x preferred) in a large complex environment focussing on operations, systems engineering and systems performance
- Server Management and Support: HP, SuperMicro, Dell and Cisco
- Working knowledge of networking technologies such as TCP, UDP, NTP, PTP