We are looking for a hands-on technical architect who has substantial proficiency in a broad range of software development and technical architecture. You must have a deep and broad experience of designing and building cloud-native distributed applications. You must know software architecture, design principles, and best practices for building scalable, secure, reliable, and performant applications in a Cloud environment.
The role will require liaising with key stakeholders, senior management, and working with product owners, software engineering teams, architects, and other business functions as necessary. Key Responsibilities
- Ability to translate complex functional and technical requirements into a detailed technical design and high performing applications
- Lead the technical design of various microservices and oversee the development, testing, and deployment of those services
- Lead the technical strategy of the platform and ensure services are built with the same set of standards, frameworks, tools, and infrastructure
- Establish and maintain technical architecture standards, principles, design patterns, and coding standards
- Be a culture architect to inspire and motivate engineering staff to build fit-for-purpose applications and maintain a diverse and inclusive culture across the engineering teams
- Great problem-solving skills, and the ability and confidence to hack their way out of tight corners
- Strong organisational skills and ability to successfully manage multiple tasks
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
About the Corporate Operations Group
- Demonstrated experience in a technical architectural role, working closely with software engineering teams to design and deliver cloud-first distributed applications
- Expert-level proficiency in at least one of the programming languages such as Java, Python, and Scala
- Hands-on development experience with modern frontend frameworks like Angular, React, Vue.js
- Deep knowledge of software engineering best practices, authentication, and security patterns
- Strong knowledge of DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Continuous deployment of cloud-native applications with GitOps principles using tools like Git, Stash, Bamboo, ArgoCD, etc.
- Experience of AWS Storage, Compute, Messaging, Database, and Network services such as S3, Glacier, RDS PostgreSQL, SQS, SNS, EKS, ALB, etc.
- Experience with Containerisation technologies like Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with Observability and Monitoring tools like Grafana and Prometheus
- Knowledge of Postgres, Elasticsearch, and Log management tools like Splunk
- Knowledge of data modelling and understanding of different data structure; good knowledge of Big Data distributed query engines like Presto, Impala, etc.
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.