- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- IG Group
- 24 Mai 19
This is an architect role within the pricing systems function, with particular responsibility for the OTC Pricing and Exchange Market Making areas, defined as:
- Pricing of OTC derivatives: CFDs, spread bets, options
- Distribution of prices across IG's systems
- Market-making on IG's Nadex and other exchanges
Responsible for defining the architectural aspects of the pricing and market making functions:
For short and long term business projects assessing the impact and proposing solutions
Engaging with development teams throughout the projects to delivery.
Identifying and developing strategies for longer term renovation.
Liaising with business experts and the development team(s) to determine and refine solutions.
Working with peers to ensure integration and conformance with related architectural policies and strategies
Contributing to architectural strategies across the wider trading systems domain, as part of the ways of working group. Presenting architectural vision and solutions to wider audiences across the business. This is not a hands-on role but candidates should have several years of hands-on development experience. Assistance with coaching of junior Architects within the Market Making and Pricing Department.
Skills & Experience
N.B. This is a hands-off role but a meaningful background in software development is essential
- Ability to think and communicate both big-picture high level views and technical detail;
- Strong analytical skills; able to structure large amounts of detail
- Creation of architectural specifications
- UML modelling
- Object oriented analysis & design
- Experience of low latency high performance processing & messaging technologies and architectures
- Full development lifecycle experience using an "agile" methodology such as Scrum.
- Background in software development, with broad technology stack experience
- Financial industry trading system experience, especially pricing systems, and OTC/Exchange traded derivative product experience.
- Understanding of Thomson Reuters TREP and RFA
- Architecture frameworks, e.g. TOGAF
- Degree Educated
- Minimum 8-10 years industry experience, including 5 years in a hands-on development role
- Minimum 3-5 years in architecture role
I nterpersonal Skills
- Collaborative, team player, within the architecture group and across other functions
- Proactive and enthusiastic.
- Delivery oriented.
- Flexible to changing priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: ability to convey technical concepts precisely to technical colleagues, and coherently to non-technical colleagues.
Number of openings