Technology Lead - Big Data - Finance & Risk IT
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- UBS UK
- 22 Feb 19
Job Reference # 187662BR
Are you an enthusiastic technology professional? Are you excited about seeking an enriching career; working for one of finest financial institutions in world? If so, you are the right person for this role. We're seeking technology and domain leaders to join our development team within Risk Analytics Services IT. We are looking someone who can:
1. Implement and deliver high quality software solutions / components for a new state of the art big data plotform being developed for the Bank.
2. Design enterprise level software platforms, and see through the implementation of the same.
3. Leverage his/her expertise to mentor and lead developers; review code/designs and ensure adherence to standards.
4. Demonstrate superior collaboration skills in working closely with other development, testing and implementation teams to roll-out important regulatory and business improvement programs.
You will be part of the Global Risk Analytics Services IT team that is responsible for
- Designing and implementing a state of the art big data platform that will be the golden source for all the Risk and Fianance data on the Bank.
- Providing the systems that ensure Bank's compliance to various regulatory requirements.
– At a minimum, have a Degree level qualification.
– Must have worked with Java 8 (Lambda, Functional Style is added advantage). Understanding of Reactive Architecture, Design, and Programming is added advantage.
– Have 8+ years of hands-on development experience in the below technology areas
– HDFS and Hadoop ecosystem tools including Hive, Impala, HBase.
– Hands-on experience in developing software components using Apache Spark 2.0.
– Hands-on experience in open source tools like Apache Kafka / Confluent Kafka, Spring etc.
– Hands-on experience in designing and developing API based micro services (Apache CXF, Camel etc.)
– Have a good hands-on knowledge of UNIX.
– Hands on experience with TDD or BDD. Believes in Test First approach. Worked with mocking frameworks (EasyMock, JMock, Mockito)
– Hands on experience with writing RESTful services using JSON, SpringBoot, Dropwizard or Jersey.
– Knowledge on databases like MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB (added advantage).
– Knowledge of Python / Scala (added advantage)
– Have experience in leading a team of technocrats; especially for high-performance, large-scale systems in a highly agile environment.
– Have excellent understanding of object oriented design, database design and development.
– Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work as part of a global team.
– Have a fairly good knowledge of Financial Services domain (added advantage).
– A team player.
– A great communicator, with superior inter-personal and influencing skills.
– Someone with a flair for technology and is adept at leveraging the latest tools and technologies to increase team productivity and collaboration across dispersed teams.
– Someone who has a "can do" attitude.
– Someone who has an eye for Quality.
– Someone who is able to challenge the status quo.
– Someone with leadership and professionalism who consistently demonstrates a "role model" behavior.
– Able to engage with people across all levels and has excellent people management skills.
– Someone with a general ability to pick up information quickly and turn around deliverables under strict time and quality constraints.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.