Technology Operations Architect - Transformation and Efficiency
- 700 - 900/day
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Befristete Anstellung, Vollzeit
- 08 Nov 18
A Tech Operations Architect Consultant is needed to devise the strategy and approach on how to merge all the various tools onto a smart platform, within the Risk Analytics & Modelling department of one of our clients.
QUANTEAM UK: WHO WE ARE
Quanteam Group is a Business Consultancy specialising in the Financial industry, in London, Paris, Brussels, New York and North Africa.
Since 2007, our 650 consultants provide their expertise to major clients (Corporate & Investment Banks, Asset managers, Hedge Funds, Brokers and Insurance Companies) in several projects such as Financial Engineering, Quantitative research, Regulatory implementation, IT transformation & Innovation.
The firm mainly takes part in:
- Business consulting: Quantitative research, Risk management (Market risk, credit risk, counterparty risk…), Banking regulations (Basel III, Solvency II, FATCA, EMIR, MiFID…), Pricing & valuation, organisational transformation & process improvement…
- IT & Information systems consulting: Business Analysis, Project Management, Change management, Front Office support (functional and technical), Development (C++, Python, C#, Java, VBA…), Financial software (Sophis, Murex, Summit, Calypso…), IT transformation & innovation…
As part of Quanteam Group, Quanteam UK (incorporated in 2010) counts more than 70 consultants, delivering our expertise to major capital markets players in London.
In a major French Investment Bank, the mission of Risk Analytics & Modelling (RAM) is to provide Senior Management of the Group, of the Operating Divisions, and of Enterprise Risk Analytics (ERA) with full transparency and dynamic analysis of the risks and clients managed by CIB and IS Business Units, as per the scope detailed below.
The scope of Risk Analytics and Modelling is:
- On Market & Liquidity risks: it is Group-wide. RAM comprehensively covers the CIB capital markets activities, ALM Treasury as well as the IS Business Units,
- On Counterparty risks: it is Group-wide. RAM covers all counterparty risks arising from derivative and repo transactions,
- On Credit risks: credit analysis and approval for all Financial Institutions (including Funds and SPVs), Sovereigns, Wealth Management clients and other IS private clients,
- On Insurance risks: risks generated by Insurance activities,
- Depending on mandates given, RAM also assumes, directly or indirectly, responsibilities on the above risk categories in specific areas of the Retail Business Units.
The department uses too many ITIL and monitoring tools and the platforms they are using are not adequate to handle them all. Currently, a reactive approach is taken due to this inadequacy, where the issues are treated as they appear with no practical recourses proactively avoid them in the first place. This is leading to bad and incorrect measures which makes the work of the team tedious and time consuming.
A Tech Operations Architect is needed to devise the strategy and approach on how to merge all the various tools onto a smart platform.
The Architect will need to optimise the operations of the platform and around it:
- Create interactive channels between the tools and the platform to anticipate and flag issues automatically,
- Give recommendations to reach this goal, such as hiring resources where necessary if needs be, acquire software/third party vendors, or outsourcing parts of these operations if needs be, lead governance reviews as well, and more.
The Architect will not be the expected to lead this implementation but will be in charge of accurately and precisely describe how the implementation needs to take place.
The Architect is expected to demonstrate the approach, push ideas and stand its ground despite challenging opinions expected to arise internally. No academic approach is required nor encouraged for this project, as the client is strongly encouraging flexibility, natural curiosity to dig into the tools they use, and also around the environment in which they work and how they conduct business. The Architect will be dealing with various levels of stakeholders: senior executives, the Dev Ops team, along with stakeholders in the team you’ll be affected to.
- Strong Operations Architecture background within an IT environment, ideally at Financial Services Institutions
- High adaptation capacity to new technologies and high capability to know them quickly
- Capacity to be flexible with approaches, methods of work, and tools
- Knowledge of the Financial Services sector and Capital Market*
- Knowledge of governance within this sector
- Ability to lead teams and delegate effectively, with clear communication
- Experience running large projects
- Strong management resource allocation skills
- At least 10 year's work experience
- Great communication skills especially in the area of diplomacy
- Cultural tolerance
- Able to document role definitions.
- Proven ability to analyse and design KPI’s.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as an integral part of the transformation team.
- Ideally the consultant will be familiar with Splank and IBM Symphony
- Will act as a subject matter expert, guiding through processes, reviewing and optimising means to use current tools, suggest new approaches, new tools etc.
- Make sensible recommendations, create a road map, gather support and push for ideas
- Enquire, understand and gather needs of various users of the tools and platform with the aim to list priorities and establish a critical path
- Hands-on analytical work to understand current processes and improvement opportunities
- Provide expertise and facilitation
- Facilitate and document analysis and design workshops
- Project manage work-streams and tasks
- Raise attention on any risk detected and propose counter measures
- Support regular governance cycles, with meaningful updates, that support decision making
- Contribute to regular retrospectives to continuously improve the team’s methodology