Technology, Realty Management Division Technolgoy, Senior Developer, Vice President, London
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Goldman Sachs International
- 21 Sep 17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
OUR IMPACT RMD
Technology supports the Realty Management Division, a global business unit that provides loan, real estate and investment management services to multiple trading desks across the firm. The applications built by RMD Technology facilitate the life cycle of $24 billion assets under management across different regions and asset classes. The team is uniquely situated to interface with multiple groups in the front-, mid- and back-offices giving a well-rounded perspective to the flow of the data throughout the firm.
Realty Management Technology is seeking a Senior Developer (VP) to support Realty Management Division's Asset Management platform for Real Estate and Loans. The successful candidate will join a team responsible for maintenance, support and enhancement of both proprietary and commercial software applications. As a member of RMD Technology division, applicant must be flexible in adapting to changing business priorities and comfortable filling a variety of roles and responsibilities.
Candidate is expected to work closely with RMD business in LDN to solve day to day business problems by leveraging Technology. Implement innovative solutions for RMD business that will help business work more efficiently. One of the key goals is to help decommission legacy Archon applications by implementing strategic firm recommended DASH applications.
Candidate will collaborate as a member of a global cross functional team to address various business's needs, provide technical support and would be responsible for diagnosing and resolving application issues to ensure optimal performance and usability for the various system.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Responsible for design and development of applications of including writing code, testing, creating system and unit tests, and bringing technical depth and creativity to projects
- Monitors the production environment and responds to event alerts from the production monitoring tools
- Coordinates efforts to resolve issues by communicating issues to clients, responsible IT engineers, Client Services Managers, and IT managers until resolution of the event
- Collaborating with business users and developers to identify, analyze, and define complex business requirements
- Managing project releases through deployment, reporting on team milestones and deliverables
- Creating technical and user documentation, training end users
- Working both individually and also with regional teams to optimize systems and resources
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- At least 5 years of software development experience
- Solid knowledge of JAVA and Object Oriented design and implementation experience
- Excellent interpersonal, client relationship and communication (written and verbal) skills, including being comfortable dealing with people at a senior level
- Ability to cope with multiple demands on time and prioritize accordingly and communicate impact
- Technically proficient with database structure and design, comfortable authoring SQL data migration scripts and building complex reports
- Bachelor's degree in the Information Systems field
- Ability to work across diverse technologies potentially including C#, Java, AngularJS, jQuery, and proprietary GS development platforms
- Ability to follow existing standards and architecture guidelines
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage expectations until projects are finished
- Ability to participate and/or lead design and code reviews
- Object Oriented design and implementation experience essential
- RDBMS experience essential, Oracle/SQL or Sybase is a plus
- Familiarity with .Net is a plus
- Familiarity with the firm's DASH platform is a preferred
- Exposure to entire SDLC and Test-driven development techniques
- Web application development
- Strong communication, with the ability to translate between IT and business units and manage internal and external relationships
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.