My client are a global leader in private investments, who are hiring a Technology Strategist with deep focus on data and analytics. The Technology Strategy Team is at the forefront of driving technological transformation their portfolio. Using a rigorous hypothesis-based approach, the strategy team builds value-driven analytical solutions creating a market-leading edge with our investment team and clients.
- Partner cross-functionally to build value-creating analytical and technical solutions for portfolio companies and clients, using a rigorous hypothesis-based approach
- Perform data analysis to support the identification and prioritisation of value creation initiatives within the portfolio and client-base
- Partner with technical teams to build a solution development plan, and then support with execution through to rigorous assessment of results, with a strong focus on quantifying the business and financial impact
- Lead and create deliverables that support successful solution deployment and communication to senior stakeholders; including the development of data visualisation dashboards, PowerPoint presentations, Excel models
- Break down complex structures and problems into succinct components for a range of industries, Clients, and colleagues at all levels of seniority. Be comfortable explaining technical data science models to a non-technical audience
- Support in the development and delivery presentations to client Executives and Investment Leads to defining strategies, the associated costs and benefits, and work product updates
- Compile and assess market, company, and competitor research to support business development activities and strategy development
- Support investment due diligence; support with hypotheses generation and testing through desktop research, data analytics, and visualisation
Business Knowledge / Technical Skills:
- Genuinely interested in how current and emerging technology-based capabilities can transform companies and generate value
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, comfortable communicating across all levels of the organisation, and seamlessly interface between both Technical and Business Executive Teams
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills – able to quickly draw insight from research and data analysis
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Experience using Data Visualization software (e.g. PowerBI) is strongly preferred
- Other advanced data analytics skills a plus (e.g. SQL, Python, etc.)
- Strong commercial orientation, with proven ability to successfully apply data-driven approaches to business challenges and communicate insight to business stakeholders
- Hypothesis-driven thinker – able to analyse data, form and test hypotheses in a logical structure
- Project-based experience with technology, data, and/or analytics focus
- Understanding of financial statements, metrics, and their connectivity to business strategy
- Entrepreneurial, creative self-starter; comfortable with ambiguity
- Working knowledge of project management fundamentals including agile and continuous improvement approaches
Professional Experience & Education:
- Experience at a strategy consulting firm, internal strategy/analytics role, or financial services firm bank.
- Cross-industry exposure and experience are a plus.
- Undergraduate Degree with an excellent academic record ( STEM, Finance, or Economics degree preferred).