TEST AUTOMATION ENGINEER
Overview of the role:
This role will devise and implement an effective multi-layered test strategy that promotes quality solutions across varying application frameworks. Partner with various functions in understanding business need, helping devise testable solution architectures, validating implementations and crafting scalable test solutions through automation.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work closely with the product team to ensure overall quality of solution.
- Build scalable test solutions through the implementation and maintenance of test automation frameworks.
- Devise and implement a multi-layered testing strategy (database, middle tier, front end).
- Act as a user advocate, understands business processes, identifies gaps and risks.
- Deeply understand solution architecture/implementation and dependencies; ensure testability and ability to address both technical and business requirements.
- Collaborate with Test Automation Architects to help define, evolve, and promote enterprise test strategy.
- Responsible for all functional and regression testing activities related to assigned scope.
- Support Integration, UAT and Parallel testing phases as needed.
- Collaborate with product team in identifying root cause of issues.
- Promote testing practices and proper SDLC.
- Look for opportunities to improve test execution and overall delivery.
- Act as a mentor and coach.
Technical skills and qualifications:
- Expert knowledge of practices, procedures and principles of testing.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle including agile principles.
- Experience using and architecting test automation frameworks, such as Cypress, Selenium.
- Experience with implementing continuous integration and automated build systems to promote continuous testing.
- Experience designing and implementing automated testing throughout the tech stack, and at multiple points in the path to production.
- CosmosDB or other No-SQL DB experience is a plus.
- Experience testing asset management solutions technology is a plus.
Salary is negotiable DOE up to £100,000 + Bonus + Benefits