Testing Quality Champion
- Standort: London, England, Großbritannien
- Gehalt: Competitive
- Art des Jobangebots: Vollzeit
Testing Quality ChampionState Street are using the same technologies that Silicon Valley giants are using: aggressive use of multiple public clouds, building our own private cloud to achieve even better performance, pushing out microservices into what will be one of the largest Kubernetes installations in the world, leveraging immutable storage to process and store hundreds of terabytes of data a day, transforming our industry through application of distributed ledger technology and cognitive computing, aggressively participating in open source communities driving our systems.
The Quality Solutions Quality Champion for the transformation will be the subject matter expert for GQS in supporting the GQS activities required for the technology team that is in charge of our microservices framework. We consider this, with our Unified Data Architecture, to serve as the application operating system for State Street, and covers everything that an application devops team would work with on a daily basis. This includes experience and track record with Software Quality Re-engineering, Solution quality management, process improvement, test data management, information/application security, performance and general app verification methods. Strong team building, interpersonal and communication skills are a must. This individual will be working with diverse groups and in distributed work environments, and using techniques for working with virtual teams.
- Design solution quality goals and objectives that are consistent with business objectives and align to GQS (Global Quality Solutions) best practice
- Assist in technology decision making and act as a senior member of the team
- Support a follow-the-sun operations approach working with colleagues across three continents
- Interact with your peers across the transformation effort across all teams to ensure that best practices are followed throughout the organization
- Identifying the benefits of one framework versus another and when they are best used for a given project
- Analyze Cost of quality (COQ) and Return on Investment (ROI) and define corrective actions to address software quality
- Establish and manage brand new teams (entrepreneurial skills), charter and requirements based on organizational needs
- Revamp Test Data Management process to ensure adequate test data exists for each application to cover all possible Production use case scenarios.
- Create review/feedback process on all aspects of the work to ensure ongoing quality improvement of work and processes.
- Evaluate project risks and define effective prevention and mitigation strategies, this includes Software Security Risks
- Measure the effectiveness and efficiency of software processes (e.g., functional verification tests (FVT), cost, yield, customer impact, defect detection, defect containment, total defect containment effectiveness (TDCE), defect removal efficiency (DRE), process capability)
- Analyze and define the impact that quality-related elements (safety, security, reliability, usability, reusability, maintainability) can have on software design.
- Develop an audit report to determine appropriate follow-ups
- Identify and describe various architectures, including client-server, n-tier, web, wireless, messaging, cloud (private, public and hybrid) collaboration platforms, and analyze the inherent challenges, risks and overall impact on quality efforts
- Impact and risk analysis on requirement changes
- Determine various factors affecting the strategy for software maintenance, including service-level agreements (SLAs), short- and long-term costs, maintenance releases, product discontinuance, and their impact on software quality.
- Provide analysis and reporting on critical projects
- Create, manage and track projects with employing various tools
- Help refine quality of software verification and validation process from testing strategy to software testing and testing code coverage.
Required Competencies and Skills
- Progressive experience with Software Development and Software Quality on large projects.
- Leadership experience in organizing planning and executing projects from conceptualization through implementation across multiple internal and external reporting and organizational lines.
- Experience building and managing on-site and remote/offshore teams.
- Thorough understanding and experience with different development frameworks, specifically Agile and Waterfall.
- Good working knowledge of modern distributed systems and infrastructure engineering.
- Experience in working on an Open Source project is a definite benefit
- Strong problem-solving skills investigative and analytical skills including ability to effectively address quality and other issues in collaboration with others.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to develop trusted working relationships at all levels of the organization.
Strong communication facilitation and influencing skills with experience developing and facilitating training programs.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to cultivate relationships and collaborate with multiple stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
- Ability to drive results effect change and have a positive impact on the organization.
- Education - Certification
- MS in Computer Science or other similar fields