Transaction Banking - Software Engineer - Financial Risk - Vice President
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. We change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas and solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Our engineering teams build scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategist groups, is at the critical center of our business. Our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. The Role Transaction Banking:
Transaction Banking, a business unit within IBD, aims to provide comprehensive cash management solutions for corporations. Transaction Banking combines the strength and heritage of a 148-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Our goal is to provide the best client experience. Through the use of modern technologies centered on data and analytics, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to improve cash flow management efficiency. The Team:
Financial Risk Engineering is a global team with presence in New York, London, Bengaluru and Dallas. We are responsible for the technical design and development of systems that protect the firm and our clients from Financial Crime including real time Fraud prevention and compliance with global Sanctions and regulatory requirements, using existing and emerging technologies. The Role:
In this role you will be responsible for setting up and leading the team in London. As a Senior Developer / Architect you will be expected to drive the design of critical components and shape our strategic vision for a variety of next-gen platforms that will protect the firm and our clients from Financial Crime, focusing on code quality, automation and testability. You will have the opportunity to understand our product roadmap and contribute to building an engineering culture within our global team. You will be responsible for mentoring and developing junior talent. Our flat structure requires and enables team members to evolve through the entire spectrum of the software life-cycle and closely collaborate with product owners, business and operations users. You must have a proficient understanding of software development concepts. A good understanding of the Cloud and Container concepts is a plus. You will also be responsible to develop easy to support software and liaise with our SRE team to factor in their requirements. We are looking for someone with lots of energy that enjoys engineering challenges and has a passion to deliver high quality technology solutions and is able to operate in a highly fluid, rapidly changing environment. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Develop full stack applications with due consideration to security, design, validation and SDLC framework
- Contribute to shaping the strategic vision of our Fraud screening platform involving data streaming and machine learning technologies
- Enable growth and help establish the London team as an important global contributor
- Collaborate with product managers, business operations, engineers to define product requirements and objectives
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management
- Develop resilient, scalable and secure modules using cloud native services
- Manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
- Update and maintain documentation for team processes, best practices and software runbooks
- Must be passionate about technology and engineering
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
- Minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience using a modern programming language (preferably Java)
- Proven ability to lead engineering teams and deliver complex products with multiple stakeholders
- Prior experience with working on high availability, mission critical systems
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving programming or systems engineering.
- Proficiency in development with Java, springboot, REST APIs
- Experience with microservice architectures (SOA)
- Experience engineering solutions with distributed tracing, Performance testing, Authentication, Authorization
- Proficiency with algorithms, data structures and software design
- Experience with UNIX operating systems internals, infrastructure as code-Terraform and networking
- Proven to work independently in a fast paced and often multi-direction work environment
- Team oriented, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with development and design of distributed systems
- Experience in financial services specifically corporate cash management desirable
- Experience with AWS services - Amazon MSK/Apache kafka, ECS, S3, IAM, AWS XRay
- Basic knowledge of data science and machine learning is preferable but not essential
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity