Transfer Pricing Advisory, Manager/Senior Manager
We are seeking a Manager/ Senior Manager to join our specialist Global Transfer Pricing team with members in Sydney, New York and London on a 12 month fixed term contract. This role will offer you diverse exposure to transfer pricing issues working on new transactions and businesses across the group. You will be working closely with business units and other members of the global tax team to provide advice in relation to all cross-border dealings of the Macquarie Group.
Your role in the team will include overseeing the transfer pricing policies for key business units including review of new transactions and period reviews of existing arrangements applicable to those business units. You will also have the responsibility for overseeing the preparation of transfer pricing documentation including assistance with preparation of functional analysis and benchmarking for the various businesses in key jurisdictions.
Your additional responsibilities will include:
- communication and liaison with other members of the transfer pricing and broader Tax teams on new transactions involving cross border dealings
- general transfer pricing research including analysis of recent cases, legislation and government announcements, especially in relation to investment banking activities
- liaising with external advisors where appropriate
- assistance with responding to revenue authority queries where required in audit and review situations
- working with Finance teams to ensure effective application of transfer pricing policies.
You will have demonstrated experience in a similar transfer pricing or tax advisory role from within a banking or financial services environment.
You will also have:
- university degree in economics, commerce, accounting and/or law
- ability to develop and maintain strong internal client relationships with business unit executives and external relationships with advisors
- ability to form a technical view and make timely decisions within the parameters set for the role
- commercial focus and outlook
- strong communication skills, along with being a self-starter
- well organised and ability to co-ordinate multiple assignments and successfully manage work plans.
If this sounds like your next role, then please apply now. About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.