A newly created Treasury and Trading position has opened up at a multi-billion $ Quant Hedge Fund. The remit of this role will involve managing cross currency cash balances and analysing all aspects of broker financing costs and commissions. Trade Execution will also be required; primarily within FX and Fixed Income where one will be utilising existing cash balances to improve cash returns.
Whilst the Investment Manager’s main office is in London, this role will be based in their offshore office (Channel Islands) where all their Trading is carried out. Relocation would be required and a generous package is provided, covering all living costs for the successful applicant. The excellent work-life balance is also something that should be factored in - standard working hours for this role will be 8am to 5pm.
If you are someone looking for something different, perhaps a career move into the front office, a better work-life balance, or want to move to the buy-side, then this would be an opportunity worth exploring.
- Treasury Management: Execute FX and Fixed Income trades utilising firm-wide balances in various currencies
- Execute primary/secondary block trades
Counterparty appraisal / Broker cost analysis / Performance management:
- Analysing all aspects of broker costs including financing, commissions, borrows, rebates etc.
- Ensuring optimal broker flow allocation and suggest new flow considerations to management
- Monitoring trends in broker balances, market share and overall market structure
- Evaluate Exchange liquidity providing schemes
- Build and maintain exchange models
- Research evaluating existing/new broker offerings
- A few years of relevant transferable experience. Possibly from working within a Prime Brokerage, Prop Trading, Investment Banking or Hedge Fund business
- Possess a good understanding of trading exchanges and trading costs
- Basic Treasury Management knowledge (bonds, FX swaps); trading experience an added bonus
- Tableau/Python/SQL skills highly desirable