One of the top boutique Investment Banks are keen on an experienced Analyst to join their London team. The team serves corporations, institutions, and governments in the EMEA region.
The firm provides juniors the ability to work closely with senior bankers on industry-transforming, multi-billion dollar transactions in markets around the world. The small transaction team structure allows you to get a strong platform to learn about investment banking and assume high levels of responsibility from day one.
You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of assignments including balance sheet restructuring, refinancing of corporate obligations, evaluation of strategic alternatives and assistance in raising debt or equity financing.
As a Senior Analyst, you will:
- Prepare various complex Excel financial models including cash flow analysis, debt sizing and structuring
- Prepare investment committee memos
- Prepare presentations and pitches for internal and external use
- Perform detailed financial and market research and analysis that forms the basis for decisions on new debt and/or equity investments of the firm
- Screen new investment opportunities
- Assist in negotiating and preparing the legal documentation
- Assist in investment closings
- Analyse investment performance including maintaining and updating investment valuations and financial models as well as keep track of relevant current market activities
- Meet with management teams and sponsors when assessing new investment opportunities and monitor the existing portfolio
- Additional duties include providing direct support as deemed necessary by senior management
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree required from a top tier institution
- 1-2 years’ experience in IB Restructuring Advisory OR 0 to 3 years post-accountancy qualification at EY, PwC, Teneo or Interpath – must have transaction experience within a restructuring, debt advisory, transaction services or other corporate finance team. This relates to having direct or relevant experience in a restructuring advisory.
- You must have strong analytical & technical skills, are result-oriented, with attention to detail and quality when delivering results under time pressure.
- You must be eager to continue learning the ins and outs of debt finance transactions and have a flexible mindset to take on complicated and new challenges.
- You must have proven project management and organizational skills.
- Advanced MS PowerPoint and MS Excel modelling skills – this will be tested in the application process.
- Participation in the Chartered Financial Analysts® (CFA) program OR ACA qualification is a plus.