- Jan 11, 2022
- £45k - £50k
Tenure - August 2022
We follow a simple but vital premise in the User Experience group: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their goals and needs, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, copywriters and web developers who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative, and usable, products that people love to use.
- Conduct qualitative user research, primarily in-lab usability sessions
- User study moderation
- Administer questionnaires and surveys
- Assist other user researchers with various user research preparation activities
- Literature reviews
- Lab setup & management
- Liaise with participant recruiting teams and participant onboarding
- Note taking and data capture
- Highlight-video creation
- Qualitative data analysis/synthesis
- Basic user testing analyses
- Draft findings, recommendations, and reports based on user research
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written and oral presentations.
- Work with content at many levels (style guides, templates, analytics). Partner with Product, Program Management, UX, UXR, engineering, support operations, legal, PR, and other editorial groups to ensure content consistency and transparency
- B.A./B.S. (Completed) in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other related fields or equivalent practical experience - 1-3 years or experience - Experience with one or more of the following methods: usability studies, concept tests, benchmarks, diary studies, interviewing consumers (aka user interviews), field research, surveys. - Detail-oriented and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks - Strong oral and written communication skills. - Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills. - Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
- M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (completed) in Human Factors, Social Sciences, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science, Product Design, or other field
- Strong knowledge of experimental design and statistical analysis
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.