Unisys Libra – Apprentice Technician
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 19 Mär 19
Unisys Libra – Apprentice Technician
1 April 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£23,472 - £26,080
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours
Job Description Summary
The Apprentice role will involve learning the technology that is used to run the LBG Mortgage application which supports all the mortgage administration activities for LBG mortgages. The mortgage application known as UFSS runs on the Unisys Libra mainframe. The Apprentice will learn the associated processes and procedures that need to be followed in supporting the application.
To gain the skills and experience required the Apprentice will work within the existing team that supports and delivers the products, infrastructure, applications and services necessary to run and maintain the LBG mortgage system. The current team has a high level of skills to achieve the objectives and have good communication and training skills to help ensure the Apprentice will be supported through the process of being fully trained.
The long term objective for the Apprentice is to become a fully competent technician on the LBG mortgage system which involves knowledge for a number of areas with the ultimate aim of developing into a Subject Matter Expert (SME).
Key Accountabilities :
• Learn the fundamental processes and procedures used by the technical team in LBG.
• Understand the team specific core processes and procedures that underpin the role.
• Gain expertise and experience by working with team members and attending technical courses.
• Progress and develop to perform technical activities when required including out of hours working.
• Work with fellow Apprentices across CIO to develop a 'best practice' approach to learning in LBG.
• Develop interpersonal skills and relationships within your immediate team.
• Develop an overall view of the service delivered by the Unisys Libra team for LBG.
• Understand the team documentation.
Key Capabilities :
• Candidates should be committed, disciplined and show a high degree of integrity.
• The role will require working within the team under the instruction of senior colleagues.
• Candidates must show a positive and keen approach to learning all team disciplines and activities.
• Candidates must have a flexible approach to work as some out of hours working may be required.
• Have good communications skills to help build relationships with colleagues and other teams.
- 5 A-C GCSE or equivalent, these must be evidenced on assessment
- Any higher level related qualifications must be disclosed on application including a full breakdown of modules taken (A Levels, BTEC, degrees etc.)
- If successful, the next stage after application is an invitation to attend an assessment centre; we expect this to take place in July 2019. The location of these assessments are TBC, some travel may be required.
- The likely start date with the Group is expected to be October 2019, the actual Apprenticeship itself is expected to start 3 months following the start date.
- As part of the Apprenticeship, you will be required to travel and stay away at a dedicated training centre; flexibility with working hours will be required to support this. Travel costs will be covered.
- This is a Level 3 Apprenticeship
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.