My client, a global financial services business, is hiring into it’s EMEA Credit Risk Audit Team in London at the VP level. As Internal Auditor in Credit Risk, you will be playing a lead role in the audits of Credit Risk Management and Wholesale Credit functions. The EMEA Credit Risk Team is part of a broader team which provides audit coverage of the Global Banking business and Credit Risk.
An overview of the role follows:
- Lead and participate in a range of regional / global credit risk audit, including audit planning, execution, issue closure and audit reporting. Participate in special projects and ad hoc requests as needed.
- Clearly and accurately document the execution of specific audit procedures as defined by the projects’ objectives and planned audit approach.
- Demonstrate professionalism and competence.
- Act as a subject matter expert on Credit Risk.
- Stay informed of current economic developments, emerging credit risk, applicable regulations, business knowledge, risk, processes, and controls relevant to the Credit Risk Management.
- Exercise critical and out of box thinking, analytical skills and professional judgment to influence business partners, senior business managers and peers. Help business partners to balance their business strategy with appropriate risk management controls.
- Collect and analyse complex data and identify and evaluate risk and control measures.
- Work in a very detailed manner as well as look broadly across a population and develop connections and themes identifying risks and concerns.
- Develop and mentor junior team members by providing day to day coaching and guidance
We are looking for someone who has:
- University level of education in a recognized University.
- Professional Certification - FRM / ACA / ACCA / CFA / / CIA
- Experience of Internal audit / enterprise credit risk management / credit origination experience with subject matter knowledge of the end-to-end credit risk management processes.
- Understanding of Basel Capital Framework incl. Credit Rating Model (PD/LGD) and Process.
- Have a broad understanding of the Laws and Regulations impacting the credit business.
- Knowledge of Global Banking and Global Market products / process and associated credit risks.