VP Life Sciences Coverage
- Upon Application
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Walker Hamill
- 17 Okt 17 2017-10-17
Our client seeks a Vice President to join its Life Sciences Coverage team based in London. My client is happy to consider candidates from a banking, accountancy or cunsultancy background as long as they have a Life Sciences background
The London-based Life Science & Healthcare team manages the Bank’s existing client relationships with life science organisations in the UK and Europe. The team is also responsible for structuring debt facilities for new prospect companies and also plays an active role in deal origination through its relationships with Venture Capital, Private Equity funds and the advisory community. The team covers a broad range of transactions and business profiles from growth stage, pre-revenue, venture-backed companies to mid-market, private and publicly listed corporates. Whilst managed from the UK, the team is very much global.
The UK team has enjoyed considerable growth in recent years with increasing demands for its services from a range of exciting new biotech, device and pharmaceutical companies, and is therefore looking to hire.
The Vice President role is responsible for structuring loans and secured and unsecured lines of credit for Commercial Bank clients specifically in the Life Sciences sector, and managing a portfolio of banking clients. They will support the Head of Life sciences by taking a lead on client interactions, discussions with credit and structuring discussions. Assisting with the legal process on debt deals will also be a key responsibility. They will work prospects, and clients, both independently and in a team capacity, to ensure efficient execution, strong credit management and superior client service.
• Portfolio management; monitor an assigned portfolio of debt clients, tracking financial performance and covenant compliance and proactively identifying new opportunities for existing clients.
• Evaluate prospective businesses and structure new debt facilities in order to support growth of the loan book.
• Drive the underwriting of credits independently; analysing financial statements, conducting financial modelling, preparing the due diligence for new loan facilities and modifications, and presenting to credit committee.
• Prepare term sheets and loan documentation, (including collateral documentation) and oversee the booking/closing of transactions.
• Understand and have the ability to cross sell the Bank's banking platform with respect to non-debt products (day to day banking, FX etc.).
• Facilitate and coordinate interaction among teams to bring the Bank's key differentiators for the benefit of clients to include 1) tailored credit solutions, 2) best in class client service, and 3) extensive knowledge and networks.
• Follow up on referrals for prospective clients and present the Bank's products and services externally.
• Interact with all levels of clients and help to promote the Bank's brand in market.
• Work effectively in a team to optimize the client experience.