The UK Early Stage Practice is responsible for the acquisition of new and management of existing client relationships with pre-Series A funded technology companies. The team is also responsible for developing new and existing relationships in the technology ecosystem to drive new client acquisition, support our client’s growth and expansion and market the overall SVB Platform. The Early Stage Practice client base forms an important part of SVB’s growth strategy to capture the exciting early-stage companies in the innovation economy and support them on their journey.
The team has enjoyed considerable growth in recent years with increasing demands for its services; we are fortunate to work with some of the most exciting and innovative companies in the world including those operating at the bleeding edge of new technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, VR, AR and Frontier Tech. Our clients have high expectations of Silicon Valley Bank, so it is key that the successful candidate is excited and passionate about the innovation economy. A critical part of the team’s role is to focus on adding value to clients beyond core banking and lending services.
In this role you will report directly to the Director of the Early Stage Practice. As part of a small, but rapidly growing team, the Vice President will have primary responsibility for a portfolio of high growth early stage companies.
• Portfolio Management; oversees management of the portfolio. Partakes in pro-active client contact to ensure they are extremely satisfied with SVB.
• Client Acquisition; proactive origination of new opportunities. Capturing, vetting and conversion of direct referrals.
• Develops expertise in the SVB product suite, including proficiency in debt product offerings.
• Ensure promotion of the breadth and depth of the SVB Platform beyond the Early Stage Practice.
• Anticipate client needs and manage client concerns with internal operations and product groups.
• Work proactively to develop value-add solutions that go beyond banking and lending products.
• Develop and maintain a network in the business community and develop referral sources. Selectively participate in
networking events to support business development and brand in the market.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education.
• Experience working with Early Stage Technology companies / start-ups
• An ability to work independently in completing assigned duties.
• Strong negotiation, sales, and marketing skills.
• Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• An ability to quickly gain a thorough knowledge of SVB’s bank operations and products.
• An understanding of the technology sector and venture capital transactions.
• Passion to support and add value to high growth companies.