Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom. Wealth - Asset Management Graduate Programme Locations:
London,440 Strand About you
About the programme
- To be eligible for our Asset Management graduate programme, you'll need to have, or be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- We're looking for people who enjoy working as a team, and can adapt well to a rapidly changing environment
- You're focused, motivated and ready to develop your understanding of an asset management business, with the intention of becoming an all-round investment professional, leading to a permanent position in one of the many asset management disciplines.
As a graduate trainee in Asset Management we'll equip you with the knowledge, skills and experiences you'll need to deliver expert financial advice and make a significant impact in your career. Expect to develop a deep understanding of financial markets and wealth management, as you work across different areas of Asset Management to grow a comprehensive understanding of investments.
We'll reward you with a starting salary of £33,500. If you join a team based in London you will be awarded an additional allowance of £3450 (pro-rata). And on top of your salary, you'll also have access to our flexible benefits package.
Over the course of this 24 month programme you'll:
About the business area
- Accomplish a comprehensive understanding of financial markets and wealth management
- Learn how to interpret data and insights in investment strategy, fund and equity analysis, and risk
- Gain first-hand experience of portfolio management and the investment advice and services offered to private clients
- Develop first class client service skills and an understanding of our products and services, and how they're designed and managed
- Develop the skills you'll need to identify business development opportunities and digital solutions.
Our strategy in Wealth Businesses is to deliver not just competitive day to day banking, but to help clients pay down their household debt and build longer term investments. Our Wealth Businesses is made up of Coutts and Affluent.
Coutts has over 330 years of history and has defined the Private Banking sector by showing it is more than just a Bank but a business that prides itself on expertise and experience. At Coutts, we build lasting relationships with clients to provide a world-class service for them throughout their lifetime, from early years to post-retirement.
Affluent comprises of NatWest Premier, Specialist Advice and Investment Services, and the contact centres that support them. Affluent is a relatively new business area, having been brought together just two years ago. It aims to support some of NatWest's wealthiest customers with excellent service and advice. Applications for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens, we'll close the programme to new applications. It's important to take the time to make sure you're making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Graduate programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don't miss out.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.