Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours , we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom. About you
- To be eligible for our Relationship Management internship , you'll need to at least be in your penultimate year of university and be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- You'll be passionate about pursuing a career as a customer advisor, are driven and change ready
- You're focused, motivated and ready to hone your relationship management skills while deepening your understanding of each of the areas within the Wealth Businesses, the Affluent business in particular that work together to provide a world-class customer experience
About the programme
Over the course of t his eight week summer internship , we'll give you a taste of what it's like to work with us, along with valuable experience to help guide your career choices.
We'll reward you with a starting " salary " of £22,600 (pro rata)
For eight weeks, you can expect to:
- Learn about our"culture,"values and goals and build an understanding of the products and services we provide
- Attend training workshops, get involved with our day-to-day work, and take part in a business improvement project
- Develop your team working, planning, creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- See first-hand how we work together to deliver"an"outstanding service for our customers
- Experience what it's like to work in a purpose led organisation that puts the customer at the heart of decision making
- Gain an understanding of our products and services, whilst building your professional network
- Develop the relationship management skills to understand the diverse needs of our high-net-worth clients
- Develop the skills to identify business development opportunities and digital solutions
At the end of the placement, we'll assess you on what you've learned. Complete this successfully and you could be offered a place on our 2024 " Wealth Businesses Graduate Programme, where you can carry the skills you've learnt forward and take the next step in your career. About the business area
The Wealth Businesses manage the evolving financial requirements of our clients, throughout their lifetime, from early years to post-retirement. Our strategy delivers not just competitive day to day banking, but builds longer term investments through ISAs, pensions, and general investment account balances, as well as supporting clients with their lending needs . "
Affluent includes NatWest Premier, Specialist Advice and Investment Services and the contact centres that support them. Affluent is a relatively new business area, having been brought together two years ago . It aims to support some of NatWest's wealthiest customers with excellent service and advice. It forms part of Wealth Businesses, which includes Coutts. With over 325 years of history, Coutts has defined the Private Banking sector by showing it is more than just a Bank but a business that prides itself on expertise and experience, building lasting relationships with clients to provide a world-class service. The business is made up of various specialist communities including Professionals, Enterprise, International & Family Office, North & South. We work together as one bank to provide the best experience to our customers and clients.
Applications for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens, we'll close the programme to new applications. It's important to take the time to make sure you're making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Intern ship programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don't miss out.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.