Wholesale International Delivery Optimisation Lead
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description About the Team and Role
The Wholesale PMO is a team of seasoned strategy and program professionals who are aligned to support Wholesale through Portfolio Management, Program Delivery, and Project Management. Through governance and prioritization, The Wholesale PMO enables project investment decisions to be aligned to business goals and strategic priorities. Program Delivery allows us to successfully execute against these priorities by advocating for our business partners while effectively collaborating with partners in technology, risk, finance, legal, operations and product.
The Wholesale International Delivery Optimization Lead is senior leadership role within the Wholesale International Portfolio responsible for establishing business objectives, coordinating business planning, partnering with business leaders and key stakeholders in the development of short and long range strategic plans and identification and analysis of business opportunities for the Program; including the ownership of and execution against the Program Road Map and integration with key dependent Programs across the Wholesale and/or International footprint.
This is a senior portfolio governance role with line management responsibilities, and dual reporting lines into both WPMO Portfolio Operations, and the WPMO International Portfolio team.
Must build relationships with partners across multiple functional areas, lines of business, and regions for Wells Fargo (Americas, APAC, EMEA). Manage all aspects of the budget and coordinate change. Lead planning and represent Wholesale business on new requests for initiatives and funding. Develop approach and communicate on risks, progress, and issues to senior members of the Wholesale Bank. Responsibilities:
- Manage capacity planning and resource management processes supporting the Project & Program Managers with a forward view of book of work demands
- Ensure projects & programs are adhering to Enterprise Project Management Office standards
- Deputize for peers and the International Portfolio Leader as and when required
- Direct line management for a small team of Project Coordinators
- Drive consistency in presentation, structure and approaches taken with deliverables management by Project & Program Managers through the International Portfolio, deliverables may include steering committee material, status reports, risk & issue management.
- Providing quality assurance reviews of key deliverables and reports intended for key internal & both external stakeholders
- Coordinating annual planning exercise with Lines of Business
- Oversight of regular routines e.g. reporting, communications, and maintenance of a centralized list
- Management of WPMO International SharePoint site including structure
- Ownership of team orientation process for new internal & external joiners
- Ownership of a monthly newsletter for the WPMO International team including orchestration of contents, pre-reviews
- Conducting informal & formal post-project reviews, point of contact for Internal Audit
- Proactively monitor for gaps and deficiencies in project content e.g. missing information, misinterpretation of governance standards; escalating findings to the responsible & accountable persons
- Provide oversight and drive new work requests together with Program Leads via the pre-initiation process to ensure requests are accurately triaged and prioritized with feedback to Sponsors and governance bodies
- Management of competence and training of Project & Program Managers
- Oversight of portfolio financials
- Build and maintain relationships with senior leadership and key PMO stakeholders including other PMO teams, and acts as a trusted advisor
- Management of portfolio level governance and reporting
- Provide advice and support to Project Managers on how to improve project performance
- Leadership of the continuous improvement of the organizations project delivery approach
Market Skills and Certifications Skills/Experience Required:
- Strong knowledge of project / program management concepts and the ability to pragmatically apply to maximize outcomes
- Accredited with a globally recognized project methodologies e.g. PMP, Six Sigma
- Pro-efficiency with MS Project, MS Office & Visio
- Experience of enterprise project management tools e.g. Clarity
- Excellent influencing skills, with the demonstrated credibility to interact with senior leadership and stakeholders, both within EMEA, APAC and the Americas
- International experience of managing deliverables, relationships between different time-zones and business functions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate across all levels of management and interpersonal styles
- Senior Portfolio / Program Office Manager with deep knowledge of risk and financial services.
- Proven strategic planning experience
- Proven leadership experience
- Proven supervisory or management experience
- Experience of managing geographically dispersed team members
- Track record of success in managing program governance within a large, complex matrixed organization
- Proven ability to thrive in a large, matrixed environment and influence and marshal project management execution and change while maintaining a reputation for fostering collaboration
- Demonstrates a practical mindset, exposure to agile and iterative delivery approaches, great relationship management and collaborative skills
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.