eFX Systems Sr Consultant, VP
- Standort: London, England, Großbritannien
- Gehalt: Competitive
- Art des Jobangebots: Vollzeit
eFX Systems Sr Consultant, VPThe Lead Developer position will be an integral part of the eTrading Development Team and will be responsible for developing, re-engineering and supporting one or more applications used by FX electronic trading, Sales trading, Risk management and Agency trading.
As a Lead Developer you are expected to be hands on and become a business subject matter
expert. You will work directly with users and analysts to understand the business; develop to specifications; assist in coordinated testing and aid in the deployment and post deployment support of the solution developed. As you develop a strong, interactive working relationship you will be an important participant in the commercial success of the business.
Education: Bachelor's degree
- Proven Java programming experience, preferably working on low latency, high throughput, globally distributed systems
- Experience working within a financial institution, preferably within Front Office IT, with exposure to the business.
- Strong analytical skills.
- The ability to face off directly to the business to receive and analyze requirements, and propose a suitable solution that adheres to the team's methodology.
Experience in any of the following is highly desirable:
- Market adaptors (EBS, MAPI, Currenex, Hotspot etc)
- Messaging frameworks (JMS, MQ, Tibco, 29West etc)
- Linux / Bash scripting
- FIX protocol
- Relational databases (Oracle, Sybase)
- Development and build tools (GIT / Subversion / TeamCity / Nexus / Maven etc)
- A history of delivering successfully within an Agile environment, and the flexibility and adaptability to operate successfully in such an environment
- Communication skills. The ability to communicate at the right level with all parties involved, including senior management and business owners (who may be based in different locations and time-zones. The ability to operate in a self-sufficient manner, but also identify the right time to raise queries or concerns.
Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
Support the 'Risk Excellence' culture within the business
Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations