Join us as a Principal Engineer
What you'll do
- This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to work in a collaborative, agile and forward thinking team environment
- With your software development background, you'll be delivering software components to enable the delivery of platforms, applications and services for the bank
- As well as developing your technical talents, you'll have the opportunity to build project and leadership skills which will open up a range of exciting career options
As a Principal Engineer, you'll be driving development software and tools to accomplish project and departmental objectives by converting functional and non-functional requirements into suitable designs. You'll play a leading role in planning, developing and deploying high performance robust and resilient systems for the bank, and will develop your leadership skills as you manage the technical delivery of one or more software engineering teams.
You'll also gain a distinguished leadership status in the software engineering community as you lead the wider participation in internal and industry wide events, conferences and other activities.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Designing and developing high performance and high availability applications, using proven frameworks and technologies
- Making sure that the bank's systems follow excellent architectural and engineering principles, and are fit for purpose
- Monitoring the technical progress against plans while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance, and providing progress updates to stakeholders
- Designing and developing reusable libraries and APIs for use across the bank
- Writing unit and integration tests within automated test environments to ensure code quality
You'll come with a background in software engineering, software or database design and architecture, as well as significant experience developing software within an SOA or microservices paradigm.
Along with development experience in one or more programming languages, you'll bring an excellent understanding of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, availability and performance.
You'll also need:
- Excellent understanding/strong experience of RESTFul API (Java preferred) built using micro services based architecture
- Expertise in handling big team and managing tough stakeholders on tier1/2 platform
- Outstanding knowledge on Data - primarily RDBMS, No-SQL DBs, ETL tools - Informatica, Stream-sets and Hadoop
- Good exposure in handling the product vendor (Informatica, Oracle, Mongo & others)
- Exposure/understanding towards Devops tools like team city, artifactory, bitbucket/Github etc.