This Principal Architect Frontend Engineer position provides technical design and development within the Financial Markets Technology division responsible for the end to end design and delivery of IHS Markit's Enterprise Data Management (EDM) software focused on financial data management. In addition to working on the EDM product, this person will also be a key member of a higher-level design group tasked with creating greater integration and a seamless user-experience across all IHS Markit products in the Financial Markets Technology division. The role is responsible for working with a global team of Engineers and UX experts in support of this mission, with additional support from the wider technology organisation. Your Role
This role will require the successful candidate to provide technical leadership on the design and structure of our web-frontend applications. Therefore, they must have an organised and creative mindset that drives them to find innovative solutions to common problems with the right toolset. They will be passionate about technology, have a self-driven interest to keep up with the latest industry-related developments and best-practice, and will seek to integrate them into the current product where appropriate. They will be given with responsibility to make high-level design decisions critical to the future of the product. Therefore, they must be able to communicate their strategy and decision making process to both project stakeholders and development teams alike.
Duties & accountabilities:
The role involves working as a software developer in an Agile Scrum team, reporting to the Team Lead. The teams are small and friendly and democratic, and everyone is encouraged to contribute to their success. We can offer support and growth opportunities for more junior candidates and complex technical challenges for more experienced applicants.
- Design and architecting web UI for Microservice-based web application.
- Should be able to solve and guide UI teams on UI performance issues.
- Expert in addressing usability concerns and delivering standard, compliant (W3C, XHTML) and accessible (WCAG, 508) frontends
- Facilitate system design and changes in frontend system architecture
- Maintain current knowledge of technology landscape and developments in web development
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
- Mentor team on technology and other work-related aspects.
- Responsibility for the quality of all deployed applications and services
- Drive innovation and adaption of best practices.
Education and experience
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related discipline, or equivalent qualification.
- 10+ years of development experience building enterprise software or platforms in a financial environment
- TDD experience is a must
- Proven experience of technical leadership and communication
- Preference will be given to candidates that have
- Experience working with Microservices
- Worked on to .NET server-side solutions
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.