Research Analyst - Loan Reference Data (Entry-Level)
Company & Team - "About Us"
Loan Reference Data (LRD) Operations is a liaison between clients, IHS Markit WSOWeb, IHS Markit WSOData and IHS Markit Loan Pricing. The team analyzes, handles, and organizes all the initial data deal setup. IHS Markit currently has an opening for a Loan Reference Data Product Analyst to assist with the day-to-day operations of the business. The role also includes enhancing existing practices and alternatives to ensure smooth delivery of data. The successful candidate will work closely with colleagues globally in Noida, New York, and London. Duties and Responsibilities - "Your Role"
IHS Markit is currently seeking a Research Analyst to join the Loan Reference Data team in our Manchester office. In this role, you will enhance existing practices and alternatives to ensure smooth delivery of data while assisting with day-to-day operations of the business. The successful candidate will work closely with colleagues globally in Noida, New York, and Raleigh. Loan Reference Data (LRD) Operations is a liaison between clients, IHS Markit WSOWeb, IHS Markit WSOData and IHS Markit Loan Pricing. The team analyzes, handles, and organizes all the initial data deal setup.
Job Requirements - "About You"
- Provide quality assurance checks on pre/post trade settlements
- Analyze all aspects of the new deal closing, credit agreements, amendments, and restructures
- Process data, manage exceptions, creation of new assets, and interact with clients
- Provide written emails to management with the audit findings and trend analysis
- Create new loans in IHS Markit WSOData and set up current contracts and amortization schedules
- Create new assets in IHS Markit WSOWeb (Bonds, CDS, ABS, Equities)
- Review and recommend changes to policies and procedures to improve data and auditing
- Maintain documentation library by requesting and updating documents
- Manage all loan identifiers
- Perform ad hoc reporting, analysis, and investigate issues providing explanations and interpretation
- Protect the business through documentation, policies and procedures, metrics, and data validations
- Interact with appropriate individual/entities to gather all pertinent information to reflect the accuracy of the referential data
- Strong data analysis skills, ability to query and analyze large volumes of financial data
- Must be able to document processes thoroughly and be well organized
- Advance Excel skills, working knowledge with MS Office, Access Database and SQL query
Job Benefits - "What we offer"
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, Economics or Business
- General knowledge of syndicated loans is a plus
- Knowledge of Moody's and S&P corporate rating structure and methodology is a plus
- Ideal candidate will demonstrate ability to manage multiple tasks, work with little direction on routine tasks, and show a strong desire to learn new contexts
- The candidate must be a self-starter, adapt to dynamics of the work environment, ability to multitask, meet tight timelines, hardworking, efficient with good analytical skills
- Must demonstrate superior communication skills (written and verbal) and is expected to interact professionally
- Being a team player is a vital aspect of the position, and it is expected that the candidate will work well individually, as well as in a global team environment coordinating well within Team as well across other Teams
- Cash incentive plan
- Options to work from home
- Flexible working hours to allow you to attend your family
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
- Strong client base and broad product line
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.