Senior Executive, Transaction Support
- Manchester, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 14 Jan 19
Job Title: Senior Executive, Transaction Support Location: Manchester Salary: Competitive
The potential for error is high in an environment where speed is critical. Companies looking for local and global deals face strong competition for quality assets and stakeholder scrutiny regarding acquisitions. M&A success starts with comprehensive diligence, it's the only way to understand if the deal is the right decision at the right price.
As a Transaction Support Senior Executive you'll be right at the heart of the action. You'll work with a range of clients, from UK entrepreneur led businesses to the largest global enterprises across all sectors, often on complex assignments that involve working with colleagues across a variety of disciplines and jurisdictions. You'll be advising our clients throughout the diligence lifecycle on key drivers to increase value and reduce the risks and uncertainty inherent in transactions.
You'll be working in a team environment with financial due diligence professionals on a variety of projects across a range of sectors. Our team works to understand the client's business profit drivers and trends, as well as challenge assumptions of future performance and assist with purchase agreements and post-closing transaction matters.
As you progress your career with EY, you will have the opportunity to work on more complex transactions, increasingly lead teams, enhance our relationships with our clients and other members of the corporate finance community and take on broader roles within our business.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Executive in Transaction Support you will be a vital member of the team managing and executing financial diligence project work. You'll be focused on analysing financial data and identifying key trends behind the performance of a business, discussing business performance and forecast assumptions with senior team management, and helping to write reports that set out our findings and recommendations around the key financial and business issues in a transaction. You'll also project manage teams, helping to develop junior colleagues and work closely with all members as well as forming strong internal links within transaction support and other departments in EY both in the UK and internationally to form multi-disciplinary teams.
Skills and attributes for success
- Handling financial due diligence engagements
- Analyse financial and operational results of businesses to be acquired or sold through reviewing accounting records and conducting interviews with management
- Assist clients in the preparation of SEC filings
- Identifying negotiation factors for purchase price and deal structuring
- Constantly researching industry trends and technologies, as well as seasonality and cyclicality on cash flow requirements to provide knowledge and insight to clients
To qualify for the role you must have
- Have an ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualification
- Have Strong commercial experience and/or relevant industry or transaction experience
- Excellent analytical skills and the confidence to translate complex data into meaningful insights
- The ability to prioritize effectively on projects and the skills to adapt quickly to new challenges and concepts
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally
Ideally, you'll also have
- A proven record of excellence in a mergers or acquisitions transactions role
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization
- Counselling skills to help support the development of junior members of the team
What we look for
We're interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualise our clients' goals and think creatively to facilitate them - often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.