- Manchester, England, Großbritannien Manchester England GB
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
See job description for details
We're looking for a Solution Designer to join us in Manchester
- You'll be joining our Technology Fraud platform for Personal and Business Banking (PBB), which is bringing together a single view across numerous applications within the bank and helping us protect our customers
- Hone your technology expertise in a role with great career development potential, and enjoy the opportunity to work with a variety of technology and business stakeholders
- You'll be working on a new platform, so it's a great opportunity to help shape the platform and build the team
- You'll build your knowledge of the fraud arena and the different systems and technologies that make up our PBB Fraud platform
What you'll do
You'll contribute to the success of the PBB Technology Fraud platform by leading the detail design activities for Technology Fraud solutions that are aligned to the Fraud strategic architecture. You'll also help support the platform architect in delivering the strategic roadmap which will in turn help PBB reduce fraud losses and protect our customers.
You'll be providing a crucial service for our PBB Fraud and Chargebacks Operations business units, ensuring they have confidence in the systems that support their operations so that they can consistently drive down fraud losses and protect our customers.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Working with the platform architect to undertake end to end and specialist design and engineering activities across all design phases from conceptual, through solution to physical design
- Providing solution design and other technical deliverables aligned to the Fraud architecture, wider technology strategy, and taking it through the relevant governance forums and technical design authorities for approval
- Collaborating and working closely with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external to design strategic and robust Fraud solutions consistent with our technology architecture
- Creating high level solution designs, and gaining the necessary approval from technical design authorities
- Supporting the platform architect in the delivery of strategic fraud architecture by transforming a high level solution building blocks into a detailed design
- Providing technical consultancy and support to the Fraud platform team to support delivery
The skills you'll need
We're looking for an end-to-end designer with a strong technology background and excellent technical knowledge and expertise. You'll also need excellent stakeholder management, influencing and communication skills, and an eye for the big picture.
Along with the ability to build great relationships and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders across various business areas, you'll be able to present complex ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences. You'll also have an awareness of emerging technology trends, evidenced by the development of creative solutions and approaches.
As well as this, you'll demonstrate:
- Strong experience using design frameworks and taxonomies, and an understanding of object orientated specifications
- Experience driving solution architecture, design and development within a large scale transactional organisation
- Knowledge and experience of IBM BPM, version 8.6
- An understanding of solution architectures and preferably JEE
- Experience of industry standards relating to services and solutions, and the delivery of change
Knowledge of RBS processes relating to the delivery of technical designs or previous knowledge of fraud systems and processes would be an advantage.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.