Surveillance Deputy Manager
- Manchester, England, Großbritannien Manchester England GB
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
See job description for details
Join NatWest Markets in Manchester as a Surveillance Deputy Manager
- You'll play a vital role in maintaining and improving the compliance control environment across NatWest Markets
- Part of a cohesive team, you'll enjoy a collaborative working environment, and you'll take personal ownership for consistent delivery
- You'll have the opportunity to develop your subject matter expertise in surveillance and trading, creating valuable progression opportunities
- Driving continuous improvement, you'll help to develop our people and systems
- This role is available at vice president level
What you'll do
You'll work with the trade surveillance manager to lead a small team, and you'll help ensure that surveillance is carried out effectively and efficiently. You'll also contribute to surveillance activities and to the development of people, systems and process.
As well as this, your responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with senior stakeholders on surveillance cases, as well as systems and controls
- Provide expertise on compliance matters, particularly market abuse
- Continually building your knowledge of surveillance and trading
- Helping to manage and develop a team
- Working with a range of stakeholders at different levels of seniority
- Contributing to projects by developing MI, organising and running governance meetings and refining scenarios
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a comprehensive understanding of financial markets, particularly in the context of conduct issues. you'll be able to work both individually and as part of a team, you'll have experience working with trading data.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Experience analysing trade data
- Experience leading and motivating a small team
- Strong communication skills, particularly in writing
- An good understanding of trading and sales, and an awareness of compliance and market abuse
- The enthusiasm to learn and develop your knowledge
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.