thinkFolio modernization FE developer
thinkFolio is a cross-asset investment management platform that helps customers elevate decision support and drive operational efficiencies.
Customers can implement thinkFolio as a single, integrated investment management platform that supports their entire front office. Due to the flexible, modular design of thinkFolio, they also have the option of deploying the platform for specific use cases and assets classes, including fixed income, cash management and FX or loans. Position summary
The role is focused on core future product development and re-engineering in HTML5/React, as well as continuously improving aspects of the core product architecture. The developer will be getting involved in code review, unit testing and integration testing to maintain quality of deliverables. Business competencies Education and Experience
- Candidates must have a strong IT educational background to degree level or equivalent. Must have professional experience of working as part of a team on product-focused software projects, including experience of complex software design, documentation, and implementation.
- 5+ years' experience on professional software development and front-end technologies building intuitive, state of the art web-based GUIs.
- Commercial experience and deep understanding in one or more of React / Angular / Vue frameworks and associated fundamentals.
- Strong distributed systems knowledge and web services design, implementation, and/or operation experience.
- Experience of CI/CD pipelines.
- Software design fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and performance analysis.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with stateless RESTful Architecture.
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment.
- Knowledge of some of the following would be advantageous: micro-frontend concepts, OpenFin, FDC3, AWS , Azure DevOps.
- Knowledge of C# and gRPC / data streaming would also be useful.
Personal competencies Personal Impact
- Good understanding of investment management across all asset types and geographies is an advantage.
- Adept at building and maintaining trusted and credible relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail, with ability to clearly communicate the nature of a software solution.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Organized, able to multi-task, and have positive attitude to achieve deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- A genuine enjoyment of writing software.
- The department employs many talented people who all work together. The candidate must be able to fit into this structure and communicate with both business and technical people. The development team has a particularly close working relationship with the testing and support teams and effective appropriate communication is key to this.
- A team player who is comfortable working at all levels of the business and with external clients.
- Proven ability to work individually, and in a team environment which spans multiple geographical regions.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, because we are a United States (US) federal contractor, we are requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief. The company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.