Digital Project Manager: Up to £40,666 plus 27% pension, hybrid home/office and flexible working Do you have the Digital Project Management skills to lead innovative projects for DWP's cutting edge Intelligent Automation Garage?
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We help people into work, and make payments worth over £195bn a year to support some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
We are looking for a Digital Project Manager to lead the delivery and running of a range of exciting projects and initiatives under the umbrella of our Intelligent Automation Garage.
In IAG we use the cutting edge innovation and the latest automation and cloud technologies to support a generational digital transformation in DWP, and to improve colleague and the experience of over 22 million daily users.
The DWP products and services we maintain and modernise will be used by nearly every person in the UK, at key moments in their lives. The scale of what we do is extraordinary, and our purpose is unique. We'd love you to join us.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
- Manage projects end-to-end, including plans, risks, budgets and team dynamics
- You will collate and manage strategic plans to get rid of blockers and deliver on time
- You'll plan and manage future demand management, impacting and progressing into deliverables
- You'll track and manage project progress and budget, providing support and accurate reporting to senior stakeholders
- You'll manage suppliers, optimising performance & time-keeping to get value for DWP
- You're an expert and we'll dig into your project management insight and knowledge, within IAG and across the Digital and PM communities
- You'll own IAG's internal digital front door process, promoting continuity of work and collaborative engagement
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- You're a great communicator, collaborator, and influential leader
- You're an adept and experience project manager, with a full toolkit of project management techniques.
- You can create and maintain a project plan, and work identify and manage risks and blockers to delivery.
- You have experience of change control, and you're able to manage delivery within cost, time and resource budgets.
- You're skilled in project planning, and forecasting
- You have commercial management experience, including identifying and managing suppliers, contractual frameworks, and negotiating for value.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Newcastle.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills, we offer a competitive salary of up to £40,666, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package starting at 26 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and up to 3 flexi days off a month
- Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application.