Software Engineer - AWS
Software Engineer - AWS
Would you like to be at the forefront of a world leader in intelligent information? You would be providing clients with competitive advantage through a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology.
This company is currently serving over 40,000 institutions across over 150 countries worldwide. They specialise in providing leading data and insights, trading platforms, market data infrastructure and open technology platforms that support and connect a thriving global financial markets community.
They are seeking an accomplished technologist to help them build an Analytics Platform in the public cloud to ease development of complex, large-scale analytic computations. This includes taking the lead in working closely with architects to develop and build complex cloud services and capabilities that meet the needs of various product development groups.
Main responsibilities of the successful AWS Engineer:
- Drive interactions with our community of technologists to describe & own the work produced by team
- Ongoing support and development of cloud services including working with product development groups to build cloud aware applications
- Develop automated processes to prevent, identify and fix problems that impact service availability
- Develop, document and operate toolkits for the provisioning and managing of cloud infrastructure
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends and how new technologies can be leveraged to meet business objectives
- Work as part of a larger SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) team to provide operations support for our AWS Cloud accounts
- Identify and deliver improvements across a broad range of areas such as cost savings, security, ease of use & reliability. Take ownership of these and drive to completion.
The successful AWS Engineer will ideally have:
- Experience in writing clean code in Python (AWS)
- Experience with Terraform, CloudFormation (AWS), CodeBuild/Pipeline (AWS)
- Experience with AWS SDK (Boto3)
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Experience in automating software build, deployment and server configuration management using tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Git, & Terraform
- Knowledge & experience of modern agile development methodologies
- Exposure to DevOps practices and automation of software testing, delivery and infrastructure changes
- Strong passion for technology, a willingness to learn new skills and the ability to evangelize the uses of cloud services
- Ability to work effectively in a globally distributed team, managing multiple priorities while collaborating with cross-functional teams
Position: AWS Engineer
Salary: £65,000 to £75,000 base + 15% bonus + private medical + pension
Contact: David Patterson
Telephone: 020 7780 6706