Investment Manager – 2 roles
- Oxford, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Oxford University Innovation Ltd
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
Oxford University Innovation Ltd is the highly successful research and technology commercialisation company owned by the University of Oxford. Working with over four thousand of the world’s brightest minds, we help them translate their ideas and expertise into projects that make a tangible difference to businesses and governments through technology licensing and the formation of spin-out companies.
The OUI Investments team is a newly formed team combining the New Ventures Support and Spinout Equity Management. OUI Investments team’s main responsibilities include: translational funding, supporting new company formation, fund raising, fund management and portfolio management.
We now have an exciting opportunity for two charismatic and motivated Investment Managers to join this team and support the Head of Investments in the development and delivery of the Investment team’s objectives outlined above.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Maintaining a seamless approach to spinout activities by proactively collaborating and supporting the Licensing and Ventures team in the creation of spinout, startup and social enterprises.
- Supporting the management and expansion of the commercial funds including the Spinout Equity Management Fund and the Parkwalk University of Oxford Innovation Fund. Reporting to the investment committees of the Funds and identifying new companies to support.
- Acting as an ambassador for Oxford University Innovation and the University of Oxford, raising its profile within the investment and industry audiences. Supporting the raising of funds within the investment ecosystem for the University and its investment portfolio
- Acting as a spinout company Board level observer / director where appropriate and working closely with Boards to build sustainable business platforms.
- Obtaining and monitoring information submitted by spinouts and creating advisory reports to enable the University to be aware of the value of its assets, and of opportunities to invest further capital.
- Supporting the realisation of the University and OUI’s investment portfolio to create a sustainable business model for the Investment team.
The successful candidate will have a Science degree (or equivalent) and ideally industrial and managerial experience in a life sciences or a technology business. They will also possess enthusiasm, positivity and an appetite for learning and personal development alongside a desire to achieve results.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate proven competence in the following:
- Early stage investment – a good knowledge base of the UK early stage investment market and the challenges faced by University-led companies.
- Project management – conscientious, detail-oriented with the ability to prioritise workloads and multiple projects.
- Financial evaluation – equipped to handle the financial and commercial aspects of managing a venture capital portfolio including financial analysis and reporting valuations.
- Commercial analysis – designing, developing and critiquing business strategies based on sound judgement and good analysis.
- Communicating with confidence – weighing up alternative courses of action, making firm decisions and persuading others. Able to influence and engender respect from a wide range of stakeholders both verbally and written.
- Relationship with others – the ability to contribute to the newly formed OUI Investments team. To be able to work either independently or as part of a small team. Supporting the personal development of members with the OUI Investments’ team and the wider OUI organisation.
How to apply: If you are interested in applying for this role, please download the application form from the Oxford University Innovation website at www.innovation.ox.ac.uk and send together with a copy of your CV and covering letter to Sarah Barton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date has now been extended to midday Wednesday, 28th February 2018.
Salary for this role is commensurate with experience and will be in the range of £55,000-£60,000.
Oxford University Innovation is an Equal Opportunities Employer and accredited with the Investors in People Silver status.