Assistant Corporate Business Unit Risk Officer
- Potters Bar, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Canada Life Limited
- 01 Sep 17
Working closely with the Business Unit Risk Officer to assist in the further development and embedding of the risk framework for the corporate business units, ensuring it is operated appropriately so that it supports business unit management and the wider requirements of the UK business. To assist in the response to regulatory and/or senior management requests for information on the various controls and risk tools that are embedded across the corporate functions.
- Liaise regularly with staff and management to ensure that risks are clearly identified regularly assessed and appropriately managed/mitigated.
- Maintain a risk log to ensure that timely actions are taken by management to address control weaknesses.
- Maintain, collate and analyse Key Risk Indicators, and use them to flag concerns to management and the second line risk team.
- Assist in the coordination and management of documentation and output in relation to the risk framework. This includes such tasks as maintaining the risk ‘log’ for the business unit and maintaining an audit trail to demonstrate regular reviews.
- Conduct regular MI Reporting to senior management and to the Corporate Risk function on the output of the risk and control assessments, risk events, KRIs and other, risk analysis conducted.
- Collate and maintain risk event loss / gain data and near miss reporting and highlight control deficiencies where applicable.
- Coordination and follow up of the implementation of agreed control improvements as a result of audit reports, business process documentation and end user computing requirements.
- Develop strong working relationships with staff within the corporate functions in order to ensure a regular exchange of information on key issues and changes affecting the business.
- Deputise for the Business Unit Risk Officer in their absence.
Generic Company Accountabilities (Risk Management & Controls):
- Ensure familiarity with risk management programs, as they impact this position, and follow appropriate risk management procedures to control, monitor and report on business activities
- Ensure compliance with Company policies, regulatory, professional & legal requirements
- Experience of working within the financial services sector.
- Experience of working with or managing/assessing risk controls.
- Good communication skills, demonstrating a clear and articulate standard of written and verbal communication in a complex environment, tailored for all levels of management.
- Attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal/networking skills, with the ability to maintain a variety of working relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Proactive in delivering process improvements by challenging the status quo.
- Ability to consider wider implications of processes/activities undertaken by the business.
- Ability to deliver under tight time pressure.
- Self-motivated, well-organised, positive, pragmatic and able to perform tasks independently.
- Aptitude and desire to learn and progress within the role/risk management.
Risk, CII, Compliance, Financial or progress towards any such qualifications would be an advantage although are not essential for this role