Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers. Job Summary
The customer is at the heart of everything we do and here at Canada Life we are keen to gather insight about the needs of our end customers and intermediaries. We are looking for someone who will use their substantial customer science experience to produce actionable insights that will help to drive the business forward in its ambition to be more customer focused. This is a highly specialised role, with an individual who will have experience using their specialised customer science skillset, who has likely previously led a team of specialised analysts but has also personally produced customer science to facilitate customer/data-led decision making at a senior level of the organisation. We are looking for someone with ambition and who can construct analysis on a wide range of analysis tasks: marketing campaigns, customer journeys, customer strategy, segmentation for both the customer and the intermediary function.
The role is accountable for defining and leading the customer strategy, working with senior stakeholders and board members to ensure the CLUK Exec are confident about determining our target audience and the role out of this customer insight into the business, ensuring as a business we have the customer insight foundation to be compliant within the Consumer Duty regulations. Longer term, the CLUK business strategy should be built on sound customer analytics and the role holder will be fundamental in leading on this work.
Within a marketing context, you will work closely with the CRM team to lead on the targeting of all campaigns are personalised, actionable marketing campaigns. You will create the programs and design of marketing effectiveness framework, defining a robust reporting structure, with appropriate performance measurement, to ensure all marketing activity is monitored and measured. Ensure that all performance management is adhered to, and all parties meet their individual requirements in the process. It is expected that the performance management will determine where Marketing's budget, resource and trading performance will be placed, with a view for continuous measurement and improvement.
Your insight will be commercial and support the Sales and Proposition teams in delivering their business strategies. Supporting value strategy development, to help better understand Customers and Intermediaries current and future behaviour. Consumer Duty's 'Building Deep Customer and Distributor Understanding' will be a key deliverable during the next 12 months.
Due to your natural curiosity to gather proactive analysis, you will have the ability to present your findings to a wide range of stakeholders, appreciating how your work can support their decision making. You will work closely with multiple stakeholders across CLUK to support any gaps in insight or knowledge, presenting and recommending areas of strength and challenges. You will be supporting the deployment of insight and strategic objectives, recommending ways of delivering greater incremental revenue into the business. You will have the ability to support customer insight generation and commercially translate the insight into demonstrable action. What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Accountable for the management of large datasets, using appropriate data science software and techniques, providing insight and customer intelligence into marketing and the wider business.
- Develop customer science programs and customer strategy concepts to meet the business objectives of the organisation that will advance business strategy, project sizing, knowledge of existing customers base and their behaviour which will impact on commercial outcomes
- To lead on the performance management of marketing effectiveness, monitoring all activity and ensuring all parties meet their individual requirements in the process, to ensure full transparency of spend, outcomes, trading performance and provide recommendations for future action.
- Support ongoing requirements to ensure customer data is maintained to a high standard, working with third parties to cleanse customer data and building depth in knowledge through the purchase of third-party data. Liaising with external agencies, ensure data quality and knowledge is delivered on time, within budget and is provided within the controls of data protection and GDPR guidelines
- Take a lead for the appropriate and safe usage of customer data within the Marketing function, putting guidelines ad training in place to ensure Marketing adhere to the risk and control environment; both within CLUK risk appetite and within GDPR guidelines
- Influencing the usage of customer insight across the business, guiding the debate and presenting to senior stakeholders at board level and below. Provide direction on current and future consumer trends/behaviour - act as the customer science custodian, onboarding and training colleagues across the business to have improved knowledge and drive action
• A customer science expert within the financial services industry.
• The role holder will have several years' experience in building/deploying customer segmentation, behavioural customer science and managing propensity modelling production
• It is anticipated the role holder may have previous experience managing a team of customer analysts
• Specialist knowledge in data management, with the ability to deal with large amounts of data, from multiple sources
• Technically skilled in SQL based packages, reporting software, including packages such as Python, Dataiku, Qlik Sense, Power BI, Tableau, SQL Server
• Expert view on customer metrics, drivers for acquisition, retention and loyalty (inc. segmentation and CLTV)
• Confidence to work with senior stakeholders to articulate complex analysis to a commercial audience
• Experience in recommending actionable insight with evidence of strategic and financial impact Qualifications
• Experience in a customer science role
• Degree level education or equivalent
• Marketing qualification - CIM or equivalent
• Certified practitioner of customer science packages, e.g. SQL, Python, R What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development. Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences