Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
What we’re building
We now need a Proposition Development Manager to support the transformation and the future growth of the business within the Wealth Management function, so it can Be a market-leading, retirement-led platform provider offering a holistic approach to Retirement Income, Tax and Estate Planning to the UK Wealth Advisory market.
The Proposition Development Manager is responsible for identifying and developing opportunities for profitable growth focused enhancements to the Wealth Proposition, ensuring business growth and commercial success is achieved, including but not limited to all aspects of the wealth customer and adviser lifecycle.
More specifically, the incumbent is responsible for leading the development of individual proposition opportunities to meet the needs of all our customers and stakeholders. Grow the product/propositions portfolio by working with key stakeholders across the organisation and third parties as required.
What you’ll do
- Manage the Stage gate process for individual proposition opportunities, from identification of opportunity, through to research and business cases, to benefit realisation measurement, ensuring a focus on excellent customer outcomes and enhanced customer and adviser experience.
- Responsible for reviewing and turning into actionable insight regular and ad-hoc structured market insight and research to identify opportunities, understand competitor positioning and test new products.
- Lead the development of updated propositions, working closely with stakeholders across the Wealth team and external 3rd parties as required in the design and specification of new/enhanced products/services.
- Provide the business leadership and input into the delivery of Wealth Proposition strategy related projects, aligning with the project delivery methodology of the project portfolio. (e.g. act as Product Owner in Agile deliveries, or provide business requirements in a Waterfall environment).
- Work with the Head of Commercial to implement and embed the Enterprise Risk Management framework for the Wealth Management team.
Who you are
- Good understanding of the advised Wealth Management market
- Experience in strategic planning
- Strong track record in change management roles, able to follow a structured approach to work
- A natural leader and a catalyst of change and improvement, with the confidence and charisma to lead a wide range of stakeholders.
- Coach junior members of the team
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organisation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative and flexible in their approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- Able to deliver a high standard of service and output
- Strong analytical skills - ability to use, interpret and develop meaningful data
- Ability to balance tactical and strategic demands
- Collaboration and facilitation skills
- Able to innovate and create propositions that can compete effectively in the market place.
- Client value – understands and is able to tailor and meet the ‘added value’ needs of the adviser and end customer.
- Technical ability – demonstrates commitment to develop and extend technical knowledge and skills.
- IMC (Investment Management Certificate) from CFA UK
- Certificate or Diploma in Insurance (from the CII - Chartered Insurance Institute)
- Degree or other higher education qualification
What you’ll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You’ll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Our focus is to have an engaged, committed and motivated work force, operating in a high performing and collaborative culture. We want to create an organisation that offers opportunities for all our people to develop their skills and talent, and build rewarding careers with us.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.