A leading Gas and Electricity supplier is looking for a Risk Control and Compliance Manager for their Retail risk team. The role offers a great opportunity to grow in a successful team.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsible for managing a team of 2 analysts on the reporting of key risk metrics.
- Providing support to the Risk team on the development and validation of their risk models
- Implementation of operational risk assessments to support the commercial development and main risk oversight.
- Providing risk analysis, both qualitative and quantitative for senior management and key stakeholders
- Communicating with the different relevant stakeholders and oversight bodies, e.g. front office, risk department, regulators, and internal and external auditors.
Key requirements of the role include:
- A highly organized individual with a strong analytical background.
- Experience providing market risk analysis in the commodity space
- Knowledge of managing teams- using Python, SaSS C+ and R
- Strong communication (both written and oral) and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to present results to a non-technical audience.
- In depth knowledge of European and UK markets.
- Willing to be based in Manchester.