Technical Specialist - Customer Information Control System (CICS)
Technical Specialist - Customer Information Control System (CICS) Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC's global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world's leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts , as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking a number of experienced Technical Specialist
to join HSBC Technology.
The role of the CICS Technical Specialist is to work with the Customer Information Control System (CICS) software product on IBM mainframe having strong technical expertise and eagerness to work with new technology and infrastructure. You must have worked on several large complex projects in a CICS Technical role designing and implementing technical solutions to commercial problems. What you will bring to the role;
- Good working knowledge of the SMP/E utility to install software on the mainframe and provide evidence of your problem analysis and determination skills
- CICS Systems software installation, administration, maintenance, resource definitions and support
- CICS Production Support including out of hours troubleshooting support
- Providing technical assistance to Developers and Application Support Teams
- Project manage the delivery of services by other internal/external teams
- Design and develop new hardware and software technology solutions
- Lead and direct problem investigation and recovery in complex situations
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of CICS / TS 5.3 , SMP/E, Omegamon, ACF2 or RACF, CICSPlex/SM
- Past working experience on relevant systems, i.e. CICS and third party product installation and support
- Availability to work the shift pattern required for this role, i.e. This team provides 24/7 support therefore you will be required to provide cover when fully competent in the Banks processes
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Mainframe Sysplex experience is desirable but not essential
- Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
- Planned projects and activities systematically in line with business priorities, using a variety of analysis and problem solving techniques
- Proven experience of successful project management, utilising relevant tools and techniques to ensure consistent delivery
The base location for this role will be Sheffield
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Recruitment Helpdesk
Telephone: +44 2078328500