Reporting to TCW’s CFO, the Head of Procurement is responsible for building, leading and coordinating a Procurement function for the firm. The incumbent will be responsible for day-to-day management of the function including developing consistent processes and controls for strategic planning, sourcing, vendor selection, contract management, financial analysis, and stakeholder relations across all departments firm-wide.
- Develop and lead the execution of a global procurement strategy focused on maximizing efficiencies and delivering value to business stakeholders across the firm.
- Integrate and unify procurement processes and systems for the firm on a global basis.
- Responsible for overall procurement and supply chain operations, including but not limited to development of standard operating procedures/policies, contract management operations, vendor selection processes and negotiation, vendor performance and oversight, and maintenance of reporting and other tools relevant to procurement operations.
- Perform cost analyses for products and services based on historical and future demand, enabling fact-based negotiations with suppliers to optimize value and efficiency.
- Cultivate close, influential, strategic partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders; drive executive leadership alignment.
- Manage and develop team to support a firm wide procurement strategy; oversee goal setting, performance reviews, and development opportunities for team members.
- Establish team goals, KPI reporting packages, and the long-term roadmap.
- 10 + years of relevant experience building and leading procurement/supply chain operations and developing sourcing and procurement methodologies on a global level
- Track record of success in procurement/supply vendor selection and oversight; expertise in skillfully negotiating contracts with a variety of suppliers
- Experience working with or implementing Procurement systems
Professional Skills Qualifications
- Entrepreneurial mindset to accelerate and drive acceptance of procurement strategy and processes across the organization
- Demonstrated project management, consulting, and facilitation skills
- Proven ability to hire, train and develop high performing teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cohesively with cross-functional teams