Company Overview: Causeway Capital Management LLC provides equity investment management services to corporations, pension plans, public retirement plans, sovereign wealth funds, Taft-Hartley pension plans, endowments and foundations, mutual funds, charities, private trusts, model and SMA programs, and other institutions. The independent, 100% employee-and former employee-owned firm, based in Los Angeles, began operations in June 2001 and manages international, global, emerging market, and sustainable equity strategies. Causeway employs a unique blend of fundamental and quantitative investment strategies and offers its clients access to the firm’s proprietary risk analytics.
Position Overview: The Senior Accounting Associate will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer, managing the firm’s daily accounting function. The following lists critical responsibilities:
- Prepare quarter-end closing journal entries and financial statements.
- Reconcile general ledger and perform analysis of accounts.
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Maintain constant awareness of cash flow and report to COO as needed.
- Assist with the budgeting process.
- Coordinate audit and tax reporting processes with audit/tax advisors.
- Manage annual and semi-annual audit process; quarterly N-Qs.
- Assist in preparation of Board of Trustees presentations.
- Process fund invoices.
- Determine appropriateness of waivers of account minimums.
Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business with minimum of 4-5 years of experience in the investment management industry.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks strongly recommended.
- Fundamental knowledge and understanding of legal, regulatory and accounting principles as they relate to the asset management industry.
- High level of comfort with financial products and markets coupled with the ability to identify and independently resolve daily operating issues as they arise.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized with exceptional problem solving skills, and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Must possess strong computer skills - including proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Adept at leveraging automation (e.g., Excel).
- Articulate, both orally and in writing.
- A high level of integrity.
- Team-oriented, able to work with various personalities.
Benefits of Employment:
- Highly competitive compensation.
- Frequent performance feedback and semi-annual performance reviews.
- Medical, dental, and vision premiums for employees and dependents are paid at 100%.
- 100% company-matched 401(k), immediate vesting.
- Work remotely up to two days per week. Work remotely for 10 consecutive days twice per year.
- Child and dependent care assistance.
- Gym sponsorship.
- Firm-wide volunteer opportunities.
Please visit us at https://www.causewaycap.com/about-causeway/careers/
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the fact or perception of their race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.