We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.8 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
Finance & Accounting Analyst, US Internship positions are located at PIMCO's Newport Beach, CA Headquarters
See yourself as a Finance & Accounting Analyst
The Finance team is responsible for PIMCO's financial management, which includes financial planning and analysis, managing risks, accounting and controls, and reporting. PIMCO relies on the Finance team to provide reliable financial analysis and reporting to enable strategic business decisions and initiatives. The Finance team has over 100 professionals globally who provide expertise to operating jurisdictions around the world.
You'll gain a preview of the Finance team and an exposure to financial drivers of the firm, financial operations and accounting, and strategic decision making. The program will provide you with a wide network across Finance as you explore the many facets of the finance operations. Potential areas that you would work on projects within include Financial Planning & Analysis, Treasury, Accounting, Tax, Client Billing, and partnering with the Executive Office. The PIMCO Internship Experience:
- The PIMCO Internship Program begins in early/mid-June 2023
- During Week 1, you'll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering , developed to heighten the impact of our employees' worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You'll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events !
- As a PIMCO intern, you'll receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations
How you should apply:
We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume & unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready.
What to expect during the interview process:
Position Requirements: You're eligible to apply if you:
- After we receive your application, we'll conduct an initial resume review. We'll send status updates throughout the process.
- one-way video interview.
- If selected to move forward, you'll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via video conference. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts.
- Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of December 2023 - June 2024
- Have a minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are business proficient in English
You'll excel as a Finance & Accounting Analyst if you:
- Possess knowledge of accounting, finance, audit and tax principles
- Have effective analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Have a strong commitment to produce high quality work and attention to detail to ensure work is delivered completely, accurately, and timely.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have a desire to join a high performance, fast-paced culture
- Are collaborative, organized, flexible, motivated self-starter, innovative, multi-tasker