We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: Location: This role can be based in Newport Beach, CA, Austin, TX, or New York, NY.
PIMCO is seeking to recruit an Account Associate for the Institutional Middle Market team.
The Account Associate serves a unique and multifaceted role based around servicing PIMCO's institutional clients and supporting expansion efforts in the market segment. The individuals that make up this team ensure the delivery of the highest level of service to clients and prospects. The primary responsibilities of the associates and analysts are to work alongside account managers as part of dedicated relationship teams, actively participate in business development initiatives competitor research using internal and external databases. In addition to client servicing and business development responsibilities, most members of the group participate in the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program through the CFA Institute. Key relationships
- PIMCO Investment Professionals and Associates in Account Management, Product Strategy, and Portfolio Management.
- PIMCO Fund Operations Group
- Current and prospective clients
- Draft internal business presentations and prepare client-servicing materials
- Increase efficiency and improve sales abilities by using business intelligence and data, deploying marketing and thought leadership regularly, segmenting clients routinely and recording client information in CRM via consistent profiling efforts.
- Provide current insight regarding the firm and product specific investment philosophy, process, strategy, performance and other important information directly or indirectly to clients, prospective clients and consultants
- Build and maintain a variety of materials to support new business development and existing business initiatives
- Gather, analyze, and discuss market trends with colleagues and clients
- Summarize and explain sophisticated financial and economic concepts to educate clients
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Excel required, and solid understanding of data querying tools a plus
- Self-starter, ability to work within the firm's fast paced and highly focused environment
- Outstanding relationship building, time-management, multi-tasking, and organization skills
- Ability to clearly articulate analysis, written and verbally
- Knowledge of fixed income securities and portfolio management techniques
- Work efficiently with all levels of personnel as part of a team with a clear dedication to PIMCO's culture, values and approach
Must possess a four-year college degree. Progress towards the CFA designation is a plus. Account Analyst
0-2 years of experience in the financial services industry and a strong interest in fixed income and economics. Account Associate
2-4 years of experience in financial services industry and a strong background in fixed income or economics. Benefits:
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office