We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
- Support PIMCO's Special Situations Group and Insurance Linked Securities portfolio managers with settlement oversight and life cycle management on all private/originated loan trades
- Provide coverage for the SSG and ILS portfolio managers regarding deal settlement, wire instruction updates, etc.
- Provide necessary oversight and serve as an escalation point to outsourced providers performing back-office related functions (settlements, asset setup, waterfall calculations, P&I processing, document custody storage, etc.)
- Educate service providers and internal stakeholders on deal mechanics and structuring.
- Assist with complex loan amendments, restructurings and share conversions
- Manage cross-functional projects to improve specific processes, including Legal Entity Management. Demonstrates the ability to gather buy-in from engaging with key stakeholders.
- Work with the Alternatives Finance team on cash management requirements for fund development and deal facilitation issues
- Enhance controls and oversight for all non-standard alternative transactions across PIMCO
- Assist with the operational aspects of bespoke loan financings and Separately Managed Accounts
- Liaise with various vendors or banking institutions for added service upgrades and new product solutions
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 2 years of operational support experience across private and direct originated debt and/or equity
- Hands-on exposure reviewing credit agreements, knowledge of key terms for servicing loans, how loans accrue, communications with service providers to ensure deal facilitation, etc.
- Exposure to alternative investments and financing arrangements (e.g., purchase and sales agreements, loan set up and settlement processes, amendments, waterfalls, TRS, etc.)
- Experience working with transfer agents (e.g. restricted shares, etc.)
- Exposure to SMAs, Private Equity and Hedge Fund organizational structures; frameworks from booking and settlement through accounting and maintenance of deals post-settlement
- Alternatively, experience with distressed debt or corporate loan operations
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office