We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO's Alternatives platform has over $45 billion in assets under management across a mix of private equity, evergreen and hedge fund vehicles, and with a range of target returns. The alternatives platform comprises a broad and growing suite of flexible strategies, focused primarily on corporate, real estate and specialty finance sectors, as well as securities trading, and spanning the US, Europe and emerging markets.
We are building a dedicated technology team to focus on the Alternatives business. As a data analyst, you will be working on a number of high-profile projects that will require you to collaborate with key partners and develop data solutions that enable insights for our risk, portfolio management, product strategy group and other business teams, through an evolving data architecture and our next generation data platform for Alternative business.
In this role you will contribute to data quality & governance, data analytics, and data delivery for the business line. You will be able to apply your expertise and experience to collaborate to fill gaps in knowledge that is essential. Position Requirements:
- Experience with data integration and ETL processes in SQL Integration Services (SSIS) or similar.
- Proficient in Python and advanced Excel.
- 4+ years of comparable experience.
- Ability to write advanced SQL queries, views, stored procedures and functions.
- Ability to work independently or with a team, plan work, and handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Demonstrate great attention to detail and able to meet goals consistently and efficiently, while managing multiple efforts simultaneously.
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as SSRS and Power BI is a plus.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office