We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The Portfolio Management team is seeking candidates for Desk Analyst roles to help support Portfolio Management and trading functions. This role will work directly with a given specialty desk.
- Research of trading ideas and strategies across global markets
- Assist with booking of trades
- Develop and implement quantitative models to support investment team
- Work directly with senior portfolio managers on ad-hoc quantitative analysis
- Partner across the organization with analytics, research and technology teams to support investing tools and models.
Positions are located in Newport Beach, CA. Position Requirements: Desired candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- 1-3 years relevant, transferable experience
- Bachelor's degree required; strong academic credentials
- Financial mathematics and portfolio concepts
- Performance attribution and risk modeling
- Outstanding analytical and mathematical skills
- Comfortable with enhancing and/or learning programming skills in Python.
- Well-organized, high-energy, self-starter, focused, goal-oriented, accountable, results-driven
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Enjoy working collaboratively across the organization in a team environment, including senior level management
- Submit your resume and cover letter (optional) via the PIMCO career portal.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office