Engineer, Reference Data
- Newport Beach, CA, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- PIMCO Europe Ltd
- 22 Apr 19
Engineer, Reference Data
Are you an MDM authority?
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We handle investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. We are one of the largest investment managers, actively running more than $1.66 trillion in assets. PIMCO has over 2,500 employees in 14 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry leader with vision and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's elite fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: crafting opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We seek to nurture performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a dedication to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
PIMCO researches and trades one of the widest complexes/universes of financial products. As a result we understand the importance of high quality, timely reference data to underpin trading and research activities.
The Reference Data team provides the platform which enables the business to acquire, master, steward and publish data to the rest of the firm and support evolving business needs and transforming technology landscape.
We are seeking an expert Reference Data Engineer join our team and help us architect and design the next generation of our reference data platform.
- You will work in close collaboration with the business and evolve the reference data platform to meet changing business needs
- You will have the opportunity to architect the platform for reference data at PIMCO, including meta-data management, logical data models, data distribution and MDM
- You will provide technical leadership in the (MDM) standard methodologies
- You will work with external data and product vendors to expand the data universe/MDM product capabilities
- You will implement industry leading solutions and standard methodologies surrounding data governance
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline
- You have 8+ years of industry experience in data engineering, data modeling, data science or related discipline
- You have 5+ years of experience working on MDM platforms (Informatica, Markit-EDM, etc.)
- You have validated expertise of MDM concepts
- You possess a track record of enabling business outcomes through delivery of MDM solutions
- You possess excellent analytical, problem solving and logical reasoning skills
- You have grasp of relational database concepts and expertise in SQL
- You come from previous experience working in Asset Management industry and application ecosystem of such firms.
- You have familiarity with the financial instruments (equities, fixed income and derivative instruments), their core data structure and valuations.
- You possess validated leadership/management/mentoring of a team of engineers
- PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. These benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage from your first day of employment.
- 401k Savings and Retirement Plan.
- Work/Life Programs such as Flexible Work Arrangements, Parental Leave & Support, Employee Assistance Plan, and Educational/CFA Certification Reimbursement Programs.
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office.