We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is seeking a strategist to join its Client Solutions & Analytics group, focusing on Financial Institutions clients in Newport Beach, CA. This group brings to bear PIMCO's intellectual capital and resources to help our Insurance and Bank clients make better investment decisions. The group seeks to generate practical investment insights for clients by combining a deep understanding of their objectives with an analysis of potential market opportunities and risks.
Solutions strategists take the lead role in performing customized portfolio analyses, publishing research and building tailored strategies across a broad range of asset classes in both public and private markets.
The Strategist will partner with the Account Management team to engage with clients, and design solutions to meet client's investment objectives. The role requires a proven understanding of all major asset classes and how they interact in a portfolio. The team's key mandates can be summarized as follows:
- Leverage PIMCO's investment management infrastructure to help clients (CIOs, CEOs, Boards) with the macro issues of investment management, such as asset allocation and risk management.
- Generate thought leadership: Build models and generate intellectual capital for PIMCO's Solutions activities.
- Deliver (and present) customized analyses to clients and prospects: Become a trusted investment advisor to help PIMCO win mandates across products and asset classes.
- Minimum of 5 years professional investment work experience, preference for 3+ years of relevant work experience in asset management, banking or insurance
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong curiosity about working on customer-focused issues
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment and intuition for business
- Lead a workload of multiple simultaneous projects while ensuring that deadlines are met
- Strong investment knowledge base across all asset classes, especially fixed income and alternatives
- Reasonable proficiency with data analysis and SQL preferred
- Knowledge of Insurance ALM Modelling, and Risk Based Capital would be plus
- Actuarial and/or accounting background a plus
- CFA designation, MBA or Quantitative Master's degree (financial engineering)
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office