Front End Lead, Portfolio Risk Applications
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We are seeking a front end lead developer who will be part of Financial Engineering Services team at PIMCO Technology. You will deliver advanced UI applications for Internal Business users and our trade floor. We are seeking someone who requires solid understanding of modern tech stacks and proficiency in crafting aesthetically pleasing interfaces with phenomenal user experience. You will lead a small team supporting the existing UIs with HTML5 and Angular as well as the legacy WPF applications until they are migrated to target platform. In this role, you'll work closely with both technology and business so having some financial background is helpful but not required. This role requires interface with business and requirements gathering from multiple users across teams so good communication skill is a must. Goals:
- Understand the requirements from the business and delivering the features as agreed.
- Ownership in ensuring outcomes are met and latest technical standards are followed.
- Ensure the best UI/UX practices are followed and accelerate move towards target platform/the latest standards.
- Deliver desired outcomes for business.
- Constantly look for opportunities for technical improvement to the application.
- Participate in development meetings and conduct additional research to improve interface design and user experience.
- Partner with business users, build business context and understanding with the goal of answering basic user queries around data.
- Contribute back and collaborate with the UI/ Front end developers across different teams for broader impact.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science with minimum 5 years working experience. At least 3 years with masters.
- Deep understanding of UX concepts.
- Professional experience with Angular and HTML5.
- Working knowledge of WPF.
- Previous experience working in an agile development environment as a Team Member or Product Owner.
- Deep understanding of web technologies such as HTML, CSS/LESS/SASS, Typescript, Angular2 and Node.js
- Strong SQL skill is a must and experience on Oracle is preferred.
- Financial background is a decided advantage.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office