We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO's Global HR team is looking for an enthusiastic self-starter to join its fast paced, dynamic team. The Human Resources (HR) department is responsible for attracting, developing, and retaining top talent to meet the firm's mission. Given the scope of HR services delivered to the organization, this position will involve a range of responsibilities that include: assisting with the creation and implementation of recurring HR and firm-wide processes, project management of and participation in strategic and risk management initiatives, stakeholder and senior management communication and reporting, among others. The ideal candidate will possess outstanding communication (both written and oral) and data analysis skills. The position will be located in Newport Beach, with some openness to Austin or New York, depending on business need. Key Responsibilities
Position Requirements: Qualifications
- Partnering closely with the HR functional and regional teams, the Global Co-Heads of HR, and the Executive Office to support Human Resources' priorities across strategic, operational, and financial initiatives
- Development of executive-ready presentations and recurring management reports for senior stakeholders and internal committees
- Business analysis, including manipulation of large internal and external datasets. Partner with key stakeholders to automate reporting, refine business processes, conduct analysis and extract insights using dashboards and other tools/applications.
- Project management and partnership with a range of internal PIMCO teams to support a broad spectrum of key global HR initiatives. Serve as point of escalation when issues arise.
- Market research, and competitor analysis, including engagement with consultants and peers to gain competitive intelligence
- In partnership with the Global Co-Heads of HR, work closely with each of the functional and regional business heads to evolve key goals and objectives as well as track progress, assess risk and propose recommendations for business efficiency and impact
- A self-starter who is well-organized, passionate about learning, and results-driven
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills
- A high degree of emotional intelligence and discretion
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to think strategically and a strong desire to deepen these skills
- Strong presence and ability to remain poised under pressure
- Experience with data infrastructure as well as advanced expertise with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization, including with senior professionals
- Unassailable ethics and integrity
Submit the following by June 3, 2022:
- One-page personal statement or cover letter outlining your rationale for applying for the Global HR Strategy role, what you hope to gain from the experience, and how your skillset can contribute meaningfully to the existing team.
Application Submission Directions:
- Apply by following this link Global HR Strategy Position
- Please upload your resume when prompted. Continue to the next page to upload additional supporting documents.
- Prior to uploading your supporting documents, name each file as prompted i.e. "Personal Statement" and then click upload.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office